Author Topic: SDC website  (Read 3967 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
SDC website
« on: September 19, 2020, 02:09:53 PM »
Have you looked at the SDC website lately?  I don't think I've really looked at in a year, but i did today, and I think it's awful.  It's not as exciting, or unique, to view at as it used to be, and I think it's harder to use.  I couldn't find the whole month calendar anywhere - just the click on phrase for a specific days' events.

pintrader

Re: SDC website
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 03:21:50 PM »
Here is a link to the whole month calendar

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/Calendar

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 11:31:41 PM »
I've never been impressed with their web presence.

I think their content developer should work a summer in the park to know what it's actually about.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 03:19:29 PM »
This is an old topic but the SDC website is the worst I've ever seen it.  Horrible to navigate, broken links, nothing about festivals or shows.  I wonder if they have a web designer listing in their job opportunities?  Hmmm  ;)

I'm Your Huckleberry

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 08:53:54 AM »
I think part of the problem was Covid, they removed a lot of things because of the pandemic but didn't get them fully removed from the site. In some places, the link was removed but not the page so you can still get to them, in other places a page was removed but not the links. They seem to do an update right around the start of the season so hopefully, they will clean some of that up.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 10:34:18 AM »
It's the overall look of it that's unappealing. Very generic -

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 02:24:50 PM »
Almost all HFE property websites were switched to a shared layout about a year ago. Instead of trying to manage so many different web stacks, it makes sense to switch them all to the same one.

I agree that most of the missing links/content is due to them having to pull stuff due to COVID.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 02:41:14 PM »
Well it does take you back to the 80's. The 1980's as far as website layout goes.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »
Well it does take you back to the 80's. The 1980's as far as website layout goes.

^ LOL!!!!!
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 09:55:29 AM »
It's bad. It doesn't even make sense. I know times are tough, and they've had to make so many adjustments due to the pandemic, but site simply looks bad and doesn't function well.

It doesn't even have the freaking logo at the top.

I think they made DW's first, then forced SDC to use the same template with less thought given to it.