Author Topic: Going back to SDC  (Read 71826 times)

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Going back to SDC
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2020, 11:47:11 AM »
Guess I won't be using my SP this year.  I refuse to wear a mask in 90 plus degree humid weather.  How ignorant to require masks in a waterpark too!

pintrader

« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2020, 12:19:48 PM »
I am sure SDC has thought this out considerably on all the problems they will face to reopen.   But what are they going to do once they let visitors into the park and they remove their masks?  I just don't see them dragging people out by their heels.  I can see this being one big problem!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2020, 12:24:45 PM »
I will be curious to see how they are gonna enforce masks on the coasters and water rides myself, not to mention food and drink places. That seems like more of an added hassle than anything. I also wonder if they are gonna do staggered seating like whats been speculated to happen at other parks. (using every other seat)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 12:30:22 PM by sdcfan88 »

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2020, 12:24:57 PM »
I had a feeling it was going to follow a similar pattern to what six flags stl was doing with the reservations and the masks. And I have a feeling that the whole front line employees are going to get the brunt of a lot of ire and insults when people did NOT make reservations and/or aren’t wearing masks. I feel sorry for those people as that is gonna be bad

Plus imagine how much of a slow down the whole checking your reservation is going to cause. And are season pass holders going to get preferential treatment on reservations or is it first come first served. I just feel so bad for the people taking tickets as their life is going to be horrible if other interactions in the Springfield/Branson are hold true. I have a friend who works at the Paddlewheel who had someone get in her face and call her all sorts of names because the employees as the paddlewheel have to wear masks and this person took issue with that

But I agree, I can’t imagine walking around all day in the heat and humidity in a mask. I have been horrible about not wearing one but went to the dr the other day and had to wear one of the N95’s I had. It is the first I had had a mask on. I nearly had a panic attack because I just could not get enough air. Took me about 15 minutes to calm down. I can’t imagine how bad trying to wear one through all the rides

But on a positive note, if they branded one with the outlaw run theme, It would definitely sell out!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2020, 01:44:16 PM »
I predict that a lot of these precautions will fade away, including the reservation system. We'll see if there are any repercussions. I'm sure a few unlucky people are still bound to catch the virus and have a really bad time with it. It does seem to be getting better, whether that is from the virus evolving or just the fact that it has largely burned through the population of people who will have serious cases.

I think I'll probably still wait till end of summer to visit SDC or any largely crowded space, but I am slowly exiting hibernation and I am going to be forced back to the office next week anyway.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2020, 02:24:20 PM »
Just going to say that some of you that are upset about some of the guidelines, especially masks, might want to actually read what is on the website before getting upset and spouting off.  :-P

When do I have to wear a mask?

Guests will be expected to wear a mask or face covering while on property. Specific exceptions will be granted including the below, but only when 6 ft. of social distancing space outside your family unit is maintained:

Children 3 and under
    Eating or drinking – both at a restaurant or while walking/sitting
    When taking photos
    For medical purposes – those with a doctor’s note stating breathing problems or need to wear a breathing mask
    While swimming or on an attraction where you will get wet (water slides/rides)
    While riding “High Thrill” or “Black Diamond” attractions
    While showering/changing clothes in an approved water park facility
    While occupying a private, rented space (Such as Cabanas at waterparks) if 6 ft. can be maintained between groups.

At the water park, will I have to wear my face mask or face covering while on the slides?

Face masks or face coverings are recommended when guests cannot socially distance. They will not be required on slides and in pools.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2020, 10:57:35 PM »
Man grab the popcorn and go thru the comments over on the SDC FB page ...lol wow they seriously opened a can of worms on this deal.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:59:18 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2020, 07:59:54 AM »
The latest trip reports from Busch Gardens and Seaworld reveal what most of us expected: the majority of guests are ignoring the precautions anyway. Masks are rarely worn past the gate. Even employees hardly wear their masks correctly (although I understand how much it sucks to be wearing them all day).

Numbers are spiking, but still low enough and mild enough in most cases that the public just isn't going to care until it affects them personally. I'm getting tired of reading the accounts of people who didn't take it seriously and then got a serious case or saw their loved ones go through hell. It's a sucky virus for a lot of people no matter how you cut it.

But on the bright side, it doesn't transmit nearly as easily as once thought, and being outdoors really cuts down the chance of transmission. As long as things are cleaned regularly and guests are at least somewhat mindful, a theme park is a fine place to be as far as I know. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Fingers still crossed for that Oxford vaccine to be ready by September.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2020, 03:41:05 PM »
Man grab the popcorn and go thru the comments over on the SDC FB page ...lol wow they seriously opened a can of worms on this deal.

That is no joke!  A couple commenters hoping they go bankrupt and the whole place has to close forever.  Good grief!

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2020, 08:56:56 PM »
We arrived in Branson this evening to head to the city tomorrow.  From what I can tell everything it town seems to be about normal.  Plenty of crowds and most things seem open. One thing I did notice as we picked up the coupon books is some of the places actually have good coupons in there.  Must need business.  For example McFarlins normally has a 10% off coupon and this year it is 25% off.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2020, 08:28:38 AM »
We arrived in Branson this evening to head to the city tomorrow.  From what I can tell everything it town seems to be about normal.  Plenty of crowds and most things seem open. One thing I did notice as we picked up the coupon books is some of the places actually have good coupons in there.  Must need business.  For example McFarlins normally has a 10% off coupon and this year it is 25% off.

Which coupon Book? 

Do you use the Branson Guest Card, we use it all the time....

Have a good visit...   pics! pics! at SDC!!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2020, 01:57:58 PM »
Has anyone heard why Wildfire is closed for the day?

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2020, 08:44:09 PM »
It was one of those coupon books you get in hotel lobbies, can't remember which one. 

We were walking up to WF this morning and there were several maintenance guys coming down the hill and told up WF was closed because they lost a couple of drive motors.  Sounded like a major deal which I would assume they did not have any spares available.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2020, 07:49:09 AM »
It was one of those coupon books you get in hotel lobbies, can't remember which one. 

We were walking up to WF this morning and there were several maintenance guys coming down the hill and told up WF was closed because they lost a couple of drive motors.  Sounded like a major deal which I would assume they did not have any spares available.

Thanks Okie..

Hope you a good visit...

Drive Motors?  on opening weekend...  thats bad.!!  LOL

sprtbuf

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2020, 08:42:23 AM »
What is the story with how things are going to transpire moving forward after this weekend?

We were planning on going middle of next week and have heard about season pass holders leaving within just a few hours after admittance due to masks in heat, many indoor locations were closed off, hour+ long waits due to staff cleaning the rides between each ride cycle, etc. This was just over the weekend.

Any word if these precautions were done in a limited testing cycle to see how they affected the ebb and flow of availability and customer satisfaction? I've also read on their FB page comments about the misery in attending.

Thanks