General Category > Branson Talk

Plans for Ride the Ducks Location

<< < (2/4) > >>

palallin:
I have not been following the news.  I assume this announcement means that the Ducks are Dead.  Can anybody point me to some info about what has transpired since last year?

sirwillow:

--- Quote from: palallin on March 21, 2019, 09:10:31 AM ---I have not been following the news.  I assume this announcement means that the Ducks are Dead.  Can anybody point me to some info about what has transpired since last year?

--- End quote ---
Besides a couple of the lawsuits being settled and most of them still pending, nothing.  But I'm sure they've come to the realization that they have no real chance of being able to reopen.  If the financial costs of the settlements don't completely sink them and put them under, then the pretty much destroyed public image will.  Who is going to want to take a ride on them with the thoughts of what happened in the back of their mind?  As much as we loved them, it would be very difficult.  I can't imagine that anyone from out of town would.

Gilligan:

--- Quote from: Runner1960 on March 21, 2019, 06:59:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: sanddunerider on March 20, 2019, 10:12:16 PM ---Yep!  thats just what Branson needs... 

More games. :-\

--- End quote ---

And butt ugly too. Another Albatross on the landscape.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, the illustration is gaudy.

sirwillow:

--- Quote from: sanddunerider on March 21, 2019, 07:28:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: johnburton on March 20, 2019, 11:18:22 PM ---Seems like an obvious move. People have been saying Branson needs to become less about the shows and more about family attractions.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what people your talking to...

A Recent Poll indicates that Shows are 51% of why people come to town..

In Fact "attractions", go carts, ferris wheel, golf, museum and the rest of it didnt even make it in the top 3 reasons people come to Branson.

--- End quote ---

Because of the YouTube channel, I actually get a decent number of people who contact me about coming to Branson.  Messages usually read something like, "We're going these dates and spending a day at SDC and seeing X (and maybe Y) show.  What else is there to do around Branson?  We'd like to check out and do some other things besides just the park and shows."

It's actually pretty surprising how often I get asked something along those lines.  So while they might not be the main "pull" to town, people are actually very interested in the other options and attractions to fill out their trips, especially families.  The shows have long been the draw of seniors, and the proportion of those to families visiting has been steadily dropping. That's why you're seeing a lot of the theaters struggle and some close up, while all of the other attractions keep popping up.

johnburton:
We own a business in town and non-stop we hear people asking what there is to do other than shows. Many aren't interested in the shows at all, but are very interested in new attractions. The Stampede is extremely popular as is Sight and Sound and a few other shows. But, families are looking for Ziplines, hiking, stuff like Fritz's, Wonderworks, the new aquarium, sky coasters, mountain coasters, etc. Of course SDC is often top on people's list. They also are being drawn to nice resorts like Big Cedar and spending much of their time there as opposed to shows and other stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version