Author Topic: The SDCFans Lounge  (Read 129354 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: The SDCFans Lounge
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2008, 11:21:02 PM »
Don't be embarrassed, Mizzou fans. Any time you score 31 points in Austin, you've had a heckuva day, no matter how many points UT scores.

Meanwhile, us Hawg fans are hanging our heads. Yeah, it's a rebuilding season, yeah, we're not supposed to win squat this year, but any time you lead Kentucky, at Kentucky, 14-0 at the half, 17-0 in the 3rd, and 20-7 in the 4th with less than 5 minutes to play, and still lose... well, that really sucks.  :-X

Heckuva game by RB Michael Smith, though. After playing third fiddle behind D-Mac and Felix Jones, he's finally getting to shine. 35 carries for 192 yards rushing, plus 3 receptions for 33 yards.

SEC football rocks. Even when you lose.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2008, 08:49:14 PM »
Don't be embarrassed, Mizzou fans.

Well, I'm a Mizzou fan and I'm not embarassed. We've played two really tough opponents in the past two weeks and that has hurt. I thought the defense was supposed to be led by William Moore but, that hasn't worked out.

But, I am embarassed to be a Chief fan. As a diehard, it is so tough to watch my team lose 34-10, AT HOME. I know Tennessee is undefeated, but we should at least show some life and compete! I thought Brodie Croyle gave life to our offense, but then he goes down for the year. His career as a KC Chief appears to be over. Now, I have nothing to look forward to except next year, the firing of Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards, and the continued maturity (hopefully) of some of our young talent.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #212 on: October 20, 2008, 11:34:02 AM »
I'm not embarrassed as a Mizzou fan either.  We still have our sights set on the Big 12 North title, and may even be able to secure a BCS bowl berth by the end of the season.

It is tough being a Chiefs fan, though.  Brodie Croyle is out for the year (why is he so fragile?), Larry Johnson has a suspension from the NFL coming up for his second assault case for assaulting a woman at a nightclub, and Tony Gonzalez wants out (I think he'll be gone after this season, hopefully playing for a contender.  It's pretty certain the Chiefs will not be contenders in the few years he has left).  I wouldn't be shocked if Herm Edwards was gone at the end of the year, but it would surprise me to see King Carl go.  He's like a cancerous growth, and he's duped owner Clark Hunt into thinking he still has a winning vision for the team.  Mark my words, though.  If we have a new coach next year I wouldn't expect a winning season for another year, at least.  If we have both a new coach and new GM it'll be even longer.  The long wait continues.

The Rams have undergone a shocking turnaround, though.  Beating the Redskins in Washington and Dallas in St. Louis in consecutive weeks is stunning.  Haslett has injected new life and purpose into the players.  At 2-4 the Rams are now in second place in the lowly NFC West and are no longer laughingstocks.  There are now two laughingstocks in the NFL this year:  the Lions and, unfortunately, the Chiefs.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 22, 2008, 07:18:59 PM »
^Brodie is just tiny. He went through a massive conditioning program over the offseason and was only able to gain four pounds. Carl Peterson will finish out his contract which ends after the 2009 season and then he'll retire. But hopefully, all of us Chiefs fans will be put out of the Hermisery (I just made that one up :)) and he'll get fired.

sdcforever

« Reply #214 on: October 22, 2008, 09:11:55 PM »
More bad news for the Chiefs.  Damon Huard is out for the year.  Our hopes lie with Tyler Thigpen versus Favre and the Jets.  Larry Johnson will not play, either.  This game could be very ugly.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 23, 2008, 03:13:44 PM »
Ingle Martin will be the backup for the game, as well.  :-\

sdcforever

« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2008, 04:08:11 PM »
^I tried to ignore that fact hoping it might not be true. :-[

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2008, 01:28:02 PM »
^I'd like to forget that. 

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 26, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »
Chiefs played well today. If we continue to improve and compete like we did today, we'll win more football games.

How about Tyler Thigpen being the best #4 on the field today, huh?   ;D

sdcforever

« Reply #219 on: October 26, 2008, 10:09:07 PM »
^Thigpen did play well.  He's mobile, which is a good thing.  His mobility might keep him healthy for a while, since he'll need to move around a lot with that terrible offensive line in front of him.  That's why so many of our QBs have gone down this year--no protection.

The Chiefs have some interesting games coming up, and next week vs. Tampa Bay will be a tough test.  I wouldn't mind them winning a few more games, but I have to be honest to myself.  The Chiefs are a bad, bad team.  No question about it.  I don't want them to win too many games for two reasons:  they need a very high draft pick and Herm and Carl need to go.  If they finish strong neither will happen.

EDIT:  I'm still hesitant to anoint Thigpen as the QB we've been looking for.  He hasn't played enough.  Let's see how he does against a good team with a good defense.  He imploded against Atlanta.  He was the better #4 for most of the game, but Favre played well when it mattered most and got the win.  In the end, that's all that matters. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:11:44 PM by sdcforever »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »
^We got free tickets to the game on Saturday night so we got to go to the Bucs game on Sunday. Such a fun game to go to!! Arrowhead was electric. The Chiefs had it in the bag but let the Bucs have it. Again, Thigpen played well. It helped that we actually had great play calling! Branden Albert looked like a great NFL left tackle (he will be on a consistent basis soon enough), Jamaal Charles in the Chiefs' Maurice Jones-Drew type back, and Brandon Carr, 5th round pick from Grand Valley State is looking great.

The Chiefs may not be winning right now, but our time is definitely coming.

sdcforever

« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2008, 06:54:28 PM »
^I agree, things do look promising.  I expect Herm to be fired after the year (and, with any luck, King Carl will be gone as well) which will help.  I don't expect us to be a playoff team this year or next, but I do expect us to make it the year after next.  With any luck the Rams will make it to the playoffs the same year too.  Not very often both Missouri NFL teams make the playoffs in the same year! ;D

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2008, 09:36:18 PM »
Wow, talk about déjà vu all over again...

You know how sometimes you doze off and wake up with no sense of time having elapsed? I had the Chiefs/Chargers game on today while I laid down to sleep (I work nights). I woke up, and the Chiefs had just scored and were going for two. I dozed off again (for a few seconds, I thought), and they scored a touchdown and were going for two.

This confused me, but I was trying to sleep, and I didn't want to wake myself up by trying to figure out how KC was going for the endzone four times in a row.

So I just read the highlights and figured out the 2nd and 4th quarters ended the same way.  ;D

sdcforever

« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2008, 10:09:19 PM »
^I was upset that Herm decided to go for two at the end of the game.  Why not play for the tie and OT?  It wouldn't upset me so much if this team was winning, but they're not.  Coming so close to victory so many times does not build confidence in a young team.  I'm sure he trusted that they could drive the ball if they won the toss in OT.  Maybe he didn't trust that the defense could stop the Chargers if they won the OT toss.  I realize they had nothing to lose by going for two (the season's already over), but I think you should always be playing for something and make smart decisions.  Going for two when you're down by one at the end of the game is not a smart decision.  By going for two Herm acted like he doesn't care about building confidence in his players.  And that's a shame.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2008, 12:04:12 AM »
It's that time of year again.  Deer season starts Saturday and I'll be heading up north in the morning.  I've got about two weeks of vacation from the City.  I'm excited because my buddy Dan will be able to hunt the whole season with me this year.  We've been hunting on a farm just north of I-70 and west of Marshall, MO for ten years now, and had pretty good luck, tagging a lot of deer and some very nice bucks.  First thing on the agenda however is a trip to Ames, Iowa to see Mizzou play Iowa State.  My friend Kurtis Gregory (#78) is an offensive lineman for the Tigers and we'll ride up with his folks.  We're looking forward to a good game, but it's supposed to be cold.  Have a good time while I'm gone.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"