Author Topic: 2019 SDC Refill Tumbler  (Read 17258 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 SDC Refill Tumbler
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2018, 10:18:17 AM »
I'm struggling with the $50 price for this myself.  I think that $30 would have been a much better price point for it.
Even though we buy a couple of the mugs each year, after we pay for the mug and the refills I don't think we come anywhere near $50 worth of drinks out of it.  Adding it up, I'm betting we're closer to $25-30 for each mug and all the refills we get.  Most of the time we fill them with water anyways.
I wonder what they'll be doing for souvenir cups and refills for regular park guests.  But right now I'm pretty sure it's going to be a no go on the $50 mug from us.

My husband and I have discussed the $50 mug, and it is a definite no for us.  We probably get about $20 - $25 worth of refills in a season. We got less this season because we had terrible luck with refills of frozen lemonade and frozen strawberry so we finally gave up on those.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »
We went the 3rd weekend of October and they honored our $1 refill mugs at every location we went to.  Just hit and miss I guess.
I'm Your Huckleberry

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2018, 09:41:37 PM »
Was at the park tonight and noticed that the current Christmas  refill cups are valid through 1/1/20. I don’t recall them doing this in the past.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »
That kind of shoots the thing about no refill cups accepted EXCEPT the new 50.00 one??   LOL

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 09:09:16 AM »
 They did the same thing with the time traveler cup that I bought at Christmas of last year. We forgot it at home this time so we went ahead and bought one of the new Christmas cups

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 01:13:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure I bring bottled water with me in my non descript tan messenger bag that also holds pb&j and individual bags of trail mix. You can place bets on what team I'm on with this new offer.

kurtbach

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 03:37:26 PM »
I think that it is a little over priced, and my family uses two of the mugs they sell now and we use them both frequently, but we normally refill ours at the pizza place that is next to the path to enter the farm area with Outlaw Run, you can get free refills because nobody watches at the Freestyle machines there to see if they went through to actually buy refill, so you can get away with free refills there. unless they increase the price of the refills or the price of the current mugs, I don't see any reason why we would get one. Also I'm new to the forum so hi everyone!

It's been awhile since this was posted, but it's a shame that the first contribution Darth made to this fan forum was about stealing drinks (but it's not stealing if they aren't watching).  It's always nice to have new members (I'm still new 'round here), just wish the first post would have been something better.

As far as the Six Flags all season refillable cups, they have theirs priced at $39.99 but offer a slight discount when purchasing in multiples.  SDC's pricing is somewhat on par with Six Flags.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 03:42:58 PM by kurtbach »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 04:18:37 PM »
Except the mugs at SF are included with dining plan and memberships
SWOOSH

kurtbach

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2019, 07:08:26 PM »
Swoosh! Pretty sure you can buy the six flags season drink cups as a stand alone without having to buy the dining pass. Of course, if you want to buy the dining pass, a drink cup is included.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 08:09:29 PM »
Oh I’m sure you can - just most already have them because of dining plan or because they’re members
SWOOSH

hogwild72024

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2019, 02:11:52 PM »
Well, best of luck to them selling $50 drink mugs.  No thanks for me.  I'll keep bringing my $1 mug and hope for the best!

kurtbach

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2019, 04:50:12 PM »
I agree, the $50 price tag is a bit nuts but it isn't out on its own.  Using the Six Flags pricing that was mentioned earlier in the thread, I thought their $40 mug was insane so I bought multiple all day mugs for $15 each (free refills on day of purchase).  Then would buy a $6 dollar wrist band for all day refills on subsequent visits.  They got $51 out of me by the end of the season on that drink cup.  Should have just sprung for the $40 mug up front. 

When I visit SDC, I'll bring my old n trusty mugs while they're still honoring those printed refill prices since those include specialty drink pricing.  I'm not sure if the $50 mug includes the delicious frozen lemonade refills. 

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2019, 11:03:21 PM »
Enough people thought that they were a good deal as it looks like they are sold out.

However, I’m now seeing an option for a WW dining plan. This wasn’t an option when we purchased our passes in October.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/white-water/Attractions/Dining/Season-Pass-Meal-Plan
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:15:15 PM by mg »

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2019, 11:12:05 PM »
I'm not sure if the $50 mug includes the delicious frozen lemonade refills.

Only exclusion are drinks that include ice cream.