General Category > Branson Talk

Classic Motor Inn - 2019 - K.D.

<< < (2/7) > >>

sanddunerider:
Good news for her, she does indeed start working with the Hughes Brothers on Monday.. 

In fact, her new position is Mrs. Hughes Personal Assistant ;D.   

Shes gets regular hours, vacations, personal days, time off, you know, real benefits..!!!... like a regular job...!!   

CONGRATS TO HER!!!...

As you all know, I have been trying (with little success) to get us set up at a new motel, since Classic was purchased last JUly..   Lots of fake promises, dodged emails and meetings...  In a nutshell here is what I have found....

American Eagle and Inn.  Met with them, positive response  then no answers to email or phones..! :(

Willow Tree Inn,  Not interetsed, they have been through 4 general manages and 2 assistant mgrs in the last 4 months... :o

Econo Lodge-  seemed initally interested, but follow up through emails with distrct and meetings with the general manager, nobody will make a decision..!! ::) VERY frustrating to me

Hall of Fame, although they will work with us throughout the year, They cant commit to having rooms available through the summer due to contracts with other groups.  BUT we can call them..

Classic has agreed to honor our price rate. I have serious concerns about the overall servcie we may get without her "controlling" them.
For now, we will be staying with Classic.....
Suggestions:  Call ahead and verify your reservations...
                     When verifying your room, and/or checking in,  MAKE SURE YOU VERIFY YOUR ROOM RATE..!!!
                     I know it is a pain. !!  BUT i gaurantee these guys will screw it up.!!
                     If you need coffee pot, you will need to remind them.. :-\

I am sorry we have to put up with this nonsense, but the rate is good, and we all like the location... So just stay on them, and make sure they do what they are supposed to be doing...

I will continue to look for a different motel.

In fact K.D. did tell me that after she leaves Classic, she will help me with another possible location on SOTH.  They are still American Owned, and K.D. knows them fairly well....

So maybe that will work out...

palallin:
Hooray for KD!!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up.  We have a room this Friday; I'll get my wife to call and check up on them to verify all is well.

palallin:
Well.

On the way down last Friday, my wife called to confirm our reservation.  Surprise:  it didn't exist.  Blame placed on KD.

SDC fans special rate?  What's that?  Is that the AARP?

*sigh* 

My wife was able to secure a room--they were NOT busy and at a rate not too much higher than the previous one, but I can make NO promises to anyone else at any other time.   I get the distinct impression that our rate will be based entirely on projected rooms available. 

And, if you had a reservation made prior to 3/8, I strongly suggest that you give them a call before arriving so that you can negotiate some kind of room.

biscuitcreek:
FYI -- if you have been using the 1-800 number to make reservations, it has been disconnected. The number is 417-334-6991.

palallin:
Monday, my wife set up a reservation for this Friday.  It took her a while to get the person on the phone to understand what she was talking about with the rate, and I don't think we  actually got the rate we did just a few weeks ago, but it's still not bad.

It has been said elsewhere that the actual charge seems to vary quite a bit--probably dependent upon who is on the line.  I think we are paying $57 (w/ tax) for the three of us this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version