Author Topic: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 62172 times)

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2022, 10:07:26 AM »
We haven't been this year either.  This is the first time in years that we haven't gone in spring and/or summer.   Our first visit is also planned the 2nd week of Sept and then we'll be back in Nov and in Dec for Christmas.   Although I don't post often, I am on this site pretty much daily to review posts and news.   

underdog250

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2022, 11:43:21 AM »
Does no one go to the park anymore or are these boards just dead?

They’ve walled off the switch backs near the Lumbercamp falls.  The Wildfire arch has been removed.  They only way to get to Wildfire now is to go past Replicating Lathe and then by American Plunge splash area. 

Trees, overgrowth and switchbacks have been removed to create new seating area for the new food court going in where the fire was.  Oh and the shed that survived the fire behind Flossie’s has been removed

We're still around! I feel like this is sort of a "filler" year until FITH 2.0 comes out in 2023. I've been going every few weeks checking the boards for construction updates. How many years has it been since Mystic River debuted? 3-4?  I feel like we're definitely overdue for something big beyond the Harvest Festival additions.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 11:47:30 AM by underdog250 »

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2022, 08:23:27 AM »
Does no one go to the park anymore or are these boards just dead?

Still here but haven't been this year yet.  Work, Covid (or family), and weather have conspired against us.  Hoping to go once in Oct and once between Christmas Day and New Years.

Nothing exciting is going on:  it is beginning to look as if the Great Past is indeed Past.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2022, 10:34:36 AM »
Ridding fire spotter balloons, I had a good view of the new eating area for the pumpkin trail/foggy hollow. The food stand looks complete, they have about 16 picnic tables there in a wood chip dining area. I’m kinda surprised they didn’t pave it for wheelchair and stroller accessibility. The path connects just to the west(downhill side) of the coke stand, it may not have to come out to use the new area. I didn’t take pictures on the ride.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2022, 10:01:28 AM »
A few photos of the new Fireman’s Landing Shack/Tastes of the City food booth area.

The last photo is showing the temp fence blocking the entrance to the area.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2022, 10:04:04 AM »
The Foggy Hollow lights are progressing.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2022, 10:06:07 AM »
Since they completely gutted the building of anything to do with the Culinary demonstrations...

I believe I saw a post saying that the demonstration kitchen island is actually behind false walls and wasn’t removed.

Got a photo of this on our last trip.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2022, 01:07:48 PM »
It looks like they have reworked the new Christmas show and are advertising it as a new show. It advertises less songs and scenes than the one last year. The name changed slightly to Coming Home For Christmas instead of Home for Christmas.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2022, 09:32:58 PM »
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2022, 10:00:10 PM »
Thank you Swoosh. It will be interesting to see what all they do with the area. Will they bring back all the "old" shops and food places reimagined or will it all be completely new :)

Jay

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2022, 08:06:12 PM »
thanks swoosh. also checked out the parking lot pictures while I was there.

I'm wondering with the parking lots if they are planning an overhaul of the current parking and or the main entrance. it doesn't seem like they really need additional capacity for parking(current parking seems to be enough to hit max capacity in the park and with labor shortages, max capacity may still be reduced a little). maybe it is just prep for the future projects that will happen at that location, but I'm just pondering that something else is going on.

my guess is that they are building a new concept in the area where Flossie's was at. Hopefully with some indoor seating. I think keeping the corndogs and chicken in front of the saloon makes a lot of sense but with FITH going away it's very possible that stand will go too. they did tease on a post a couple weeks ago on facebook that they would be announcing something about pork rinds soon, so I think that means they will bring that back somewhere. I'm thinking maybe they will announce it late October/early November to try to boost sales of season tickets(maybe they will announce fith then too)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2022, 10:03:29 AM »
At one point about 5 years ago now it seemed like they were about to pull the trigger on a re-do of the front gate area. With all the new parking they are obviously setting up to handle more guests than ever, so they'll have to get to it eventually. The current entrance was outgrown decades ago.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2022, 12:28:30 PM »
Could the lots at the new property possibly be for staging/construction parking to be used during the development of the land and not for park guests? It struck me that they would put big lots right up by the entrance of the new development area. To me, it looked to possibly be shorter term and not permanent parking areas.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2022, 10:13:58 PM »
When did Napa become the Official Transportation Partner of Silver Dollar City? It looks like it was added to the website at the beginning of August, but I can't find any press releases or anything about the partnership.