Author Topic: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 61805 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC’s 2022 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2022, 10:46:09 AM »
Chuggington looks amazing!  It really isn't in them for SDC :(

It was mass chaos this weekend.  Basically kiddie bumper cars.  No one was paying attention to the lines on the floor that they wanted you to stay in.  There’s really very little to actually attraction.  Very temporary looking
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2022, 05:22:15 PM »

It was mass chaos this weekend.  Basically kiddie bumper cars.  No one was paying attention to the lines on the floor that they wanted you to stay in.  There’s really very little to actually attraction.  Very temporary looking

I watched the Grand opening video and I was like they are basing a huge part of their kids fest marketing on this 😳. Looks more like a market to sell some Chinese junk to me. But, I’m not the demographic for it. Just looks like in this age push around trains would not be appealing.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2022, 08:10:13 PM »

I watched the Grand opening video and I was like they are basing a huge part of their kids fest marketing on this 😳. Looks more like a market to sell some Chinese junk to me. But, I’m not the demographic for it. Just looks like in this age push around trains would not be appealing.

They have never just gone all out for a kiddie attraction in that "barn".  Everything always seemed self-service, unsupervised, and bleh.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2022, 08:48:40 PM »
Grabbed a couple of pics of the project between the pumpkin trail and fire spotter ballon’s.

First pic was from the train, a little path down to it. I’m assuming just from access during construction.
Second pic is from right next to the coke stand.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2022, 07:32:12 PM »
Noticed that they were hanging some Christmas lights from the new poles and cables on the Woodland Hike trail. I wonder if the plaza area will be open for an Old Time Christmas and the trail will be like Glacier Ridge at Dollywood.
There were more strands of lights coiled up and not hanging down yet.

*Glacier Ridge photo isn’t mine.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2022, 10:50:51 PM »
Noticed that they were hanging some Christmas lights from the new poles and cables on the Woodland Hike trail. I wonder if the plaza area will be open for an Old Time Christmas and the trail will be like Glacier Ridge at Dollywood.
There were more strands of lights coiled up and not hanging down yet.

*Glacier Ridge photo isn’t mine.
Probably for this. I’d assume they’d announce it soon

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2022, 10:54:28 PM »
That’s what it is. It’s actually in the fall rack card brochure that is out now. My son picked one up on the way out of the park Sunday evening and I just now looked through it.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2022, 10:22:52 PM »
Been noticing as I was at the park tonight that Flooded Mine is in it's worst shape ever. Almost nothing was working outside of the audio and water effects. All the belt driven pulleys and such had broken or removed belts and one guy had his head decapitated and dangling on his chest. I could imagine that freaking out some little kids. Also one of the boats was taking on water in the station so they moved me to another one. I chatted with the workers and they too talked about how they love the classics and hope to keep them around, and they too couldn't talk about the building under construction or "they would get fired" but as for Flooded Mine they smiled and said they are aware of all the issues and that a real plan has already been set in motion that will make everyone happy in the near future.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2022, 07:13:29 AM »
Been noticing as I was at the park tonight that Flooded Mine is in it's worst shape ever. Almost nothing was working outside of the audio and water effects. All the belt driven pulleys and such had broken or removed belts and one guy had his head decapitated and dangling on his chest. I could imagine that freaking out some little kids. Also one of the boats was taking on water in the station so they moved me to another one. I chatted with the workers and they too talked about how they love the classics and hope to keep them around, and they too couldn't talk about the building under construction or "they would get fired" but as for Flooded Mine they smiled and said they are aware of all the issues and that a real plan has already been set in motion that will make everyone happy in the near future.
Dang, it was working great when we went earlier this year.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2022, 11:16:43 AM »

They’ve been saying that crap for years and it always gets canceled.  They know why the Mine has gone to crap.  Anyone who has a brain and knows anything about the Mine knows why it’s in the state that it is. 
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2022, 04:23:18 PM »
Last Tuesday, I actually thought that it looked the best it has looked in years (minus the head that has been falling off most of the season and lack of music in much of the ride.) Very few effects weren’t working that day.

Also, on American Plunge, the guy being rescued by his dog was spinning again. I haven’t seen that in years.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2022, 08:46:54 PM »
...but as for Flooded Mine they smiled and said they are aware of all the issues and that a real plan has already been set in motion that will make everyone happy in the near future.

I guarantee that there is no plan that will make everyone happy. The pre-guns crowd will never be happy if they remain. The pro-guns crowd will not be happy if it returns to a story-telling dark ride adventure.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2022, 08:30:30 AM »
I am definitely a pre-gun guy, but I will live with the guns IF we don't lose the ride.  And by that, I mean the ride we have, not some recreation of it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2022, 12:11:32 PM »
Update on the new Foggy Hollow area for Pumpkins in the City
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2022/08/sdc-2022-sdc.html
SWOOSH