Author Topic: 2019 Trip Reports  (Read 76580 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Trip Reports
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2019, 12:49:52 PM »
Okie... .we stay at aHomeStay Inn and when you call and tell them you want the SDC fans rate of $40.00 a night they honor it. The new owners are Indian and have treated us exceptionally well. The rooms are clean and the breakfast area by the check in desk has been updated.  As long as we keep on  getting  the rate we will keep on staying there.

You guys in town now and how long you staying..?     

Did you guys try Ozark Valley Inn?,  Most of us are staying there now, they are american owned, with intention of selling in the future.. Nice place..

Talk soon

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2019, 06:27:44 PM »
Okie... .we stay at aHomeStay Inn and when you call and tell them you want the SDC fans rate of $40.00 a night they honor it. The new owners are Indian and have treated us exceptionally well. The rooms are clean and the breakfast area by the check in desk has been updated.  As long as we keep on  getting  the rate we will keep on staying there.

Interesting, thanks for the tip.  Was this one of our old hotels?

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2019, 06:28:22 PM »

You guys in town now and how long you staying..?     

They are intending on selling in the future?

Did you guys try Ozark Valley Inn?,  Most of us are staying there now, they are american owned, with intention of selling in the future.. Nice place..

Talk soon

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2019, 09:50:27 PM »
I typed it wrong people.   

Ozark Valley is NOT for sale, and the owner has NO intention of selling... We are set on our price and they are already talking about looking forward to next year..

I am not sure about the Home Stay motel, 
thats where we started getting our first group discount back in 2011.   After they sold out to Non-American owners and fired Page and the Bunch, that when we moved down the street to Classic.

I believe it is now called American Eagle inn and Suites. next to Pierce arrow.

Cheese is that where your staying now?

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2019, 08:55:33 AM »
Speaking of which, has anybody heard from Paige?  We miss her!

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2019, 09:27:37 AM »
We were at the City on Sunday, August 4. The weather and crowd levels were great. We walked on to nearly all the rides, and only waited about 15 minutes for Time Traveler.

We ate at the buffet in the Reunion Hall for the first time. I have been coming to SDC for 40 years, and have never stepped foot into the Reunion Hall. The food was great, reasonably priced (with a season pass discount), and it was a great respite during the day.

We also saw the saloon show, and it was great as usual!

The ONLY downside is the Moonlight Madness music. I loathe it. At some point during the day, someone flips a switch and the park goes from the lovely bluegrass ambiance music to modern pop-country. Don't even get me started on the street dance music!

Oh well...I suppose it's worth it to spend the day in my favorite place, and I know I always have the option of leaving during the extra hours. However, riding the rides at night is a lot of fun.

We will be back in October, and are looking forward to seeing what the new festival has in store!

(EDIT - I should also mention the bad bump in Thunderation. Others have mentioned it. Does anyone who understands coasters better than me know what's going on with that? Is it fixable? Man...it's rough and VERY noticeable.)

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:32:29 AM by Pudgy Jones »

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2019, 12:59:19 PM »
Sorry Sanddune....We  stayed at Classic the end of May to the first week in june. Hey honored the $40.00 a night like always for the SDC fans rate, but you have to remind them of it. We had no problems there at all. They even delivered the newspaper to our foom. The breakfast is upstairs now with redone breakfast area. It is much better with more room  without being in such close quarters. We did stay one night at Ozark Valley Inn, but we  like Classic better.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »
Sorry Sanddune....We  stayed at Classic the end of May to the first week in june. Hey honored the $40.00 a night like always for the SDC fans rate, but you have to remind them of it. We had no problems there at all. They even delivered the newspaper to our foom. The breakfast is upstairs now with redone breakfast area. It is much better with more room  without being in such close quarters. We did stay one night at Ozark Valley Inn, but we  like Classic better.

Gotcha.. 
you did NOT stay at Home Stay? they are closed...  You had me confused,,  LOL.     
Yes Classic calls me to verify my reservations., I just tell them I wont down to see them...  (which is true).

If you ever get tired of them, we have a room for you down the street..

maybe see you this fall..

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2019, 12:57:19 PM »
Sanddune....we did not stay at Homestay, but at Classic.....sorry for the mixup....I had a moment of brainfade. We are coming down the last week of Sept thru the first week of Oct...2 weeks. Hope it cools off by then and Bob gets to feeling better.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2019, 07:26:06 PM »
When does school start back up?  Trying to plan a trip in the next couple of weeks, probably during the week when school is going on to get WW and SDC in.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »
When does school start back up?  Trying to plan a trip in the next couple of weeks, probably during the week when school is going on to get WW and SDC in.

Well we report tomorrow and have kids report next week. 
The issue with supplying you info on school is that we border so many states it’s impossible to know that
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2019, 12:52:37 PM »

Up here most of the kids "start" next friday, August the 16th...

good luck on your trip.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2019, 12:30:26 PM »
I saw this picture on SDC's Facebook page. Has Dockside Theater always had "James River" on the facade or is this new? I don't recall seeing it before.

pintrader

« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2019, 12:49:23 PM »
It's always been there....well for as long as I can remember.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2019, 08:47:57 PM »
What a perfect day at the city!  66 degrees in August and no lines!!  The only waiting we did was for time traveler (40 minutes) and outlaw run (10 minutes). We took friends with us and had a good time.  A lot of publicity all over the park for pumpkin nights and Christmas. It got annoying to see it every time I turned around. There were many clearance racks in stores around the park. Saw the saloon show for the 6th time this season and it was great as always.