Author Topic: Man is Disney trying hard to to make a buck  (Read 5052 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Man is Disney trying hard to to make a buck
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:35:19 AM »
In case you haven't heard, the place(any of them) keeps getting more expensive while they continue to cut what made it special. Case in point

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/the-unexpected-reason-disneyland-is-getting-rid-of-chairs-and-benches/ar-BBNJHfg?ocid=ientp

Good Grief

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Man is Disney trying hard to to make a buck
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 08:42:32 AM »
WOW!!.   

Next they will add a rule IF your sitting in the outside restaraunt area, you have to buy something.....

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 09:17:35 AM »
WOW!!.   

Next they will add a rule IF your sitting in the outside restaraunt area, you have to buy something.....

They are thinking this will compel folks to buy something to sit there, kinda like at least buying a snack at a convience store for using the restroom on a trip if you didn't get gas.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:41 AM »
Sadly there does seem to be a trend towards the penny pinching, get all the money you can attitude that they had back in the late 90's to early 2000's that culminated in the accident at Big Thunder.  This isn't the only area you see it.

And it's not just at Disneyland this time.  It's prevalent throughout the Florida parks as well, as evidenced by a lot of the cast members they let go (several streetmosphere people at studios, all the live actors in Rivers of Light and others) and noticeable cuts in some areas of upkeep.  All while still enjoying huge profits and growing crowds.  Guess they're working on ways to absorb the coming pay increases and huge costs of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge without cutting into the profits.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »
WOW!!.   

They are thinking this will compel folks to buy something to sit there, kinda like at least buying a snack at a convience store for using the restroom on a trip if you didn't get gas.

yes i understand the "message" they are sending..  and probably actually is working..

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 11:04:40 AM »
WOW!!.   

FYI - we were eating funnel cakes from Flossie's but sitting at Wagon Works Grill and were told to move by a SDC employee. She wasn't polite about it either.....so SDC already uses this rule, but you have to have food from that restaurant, not one of the others.

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 11:19:56 AM »

FYI - we were eating funnel cakes from Flossie's but sitting at Wagon Works Grill and were told to move by a SDC employee. She wasn't polite about it either.....so SDC already uses this rule, but you have to have food from that restaurant, not one of the others.

Jay

If that happened to me, I would have somebody's job!! >:(   (and i dont even want it)!!

I would have a name, a supervisor name, and on the way out I would be talking to someone..

No reason for that at SDC, youre there, youre spending money, they probably didnt need the seating anyway.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 11:41:31 AM »
It was the one time that I became very upset while at SDC - but we just left as asked and wasn't going to let it ruin our day. I had plans to make a formal complaint (got the employee's name of their name tag) but ended up just letting it go.

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 11:46:30 AM »
It was the one time that I became very upset while at SDC - but we just left as asked and wasn't going to let it ruin our day. I had plans to make a formal complaint (got the employee's name of their name tag) but ended up just letting it go.

Jay

Understood,   BUT what if "they" talked that way to customers all day,  Offended newcomers to the park, and they decided not to come back.?  Would be a Black eye on SDC..  Not fair to the park..

pintrader

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 12:31:41 PM »
WOW!!.   

Jay

It's really hard to believe they would try to enforce this at SDC.  Sounds more like just a bad day for a certain employee than company policy.  I mean they allow people to bring their own food into the park, and you see them eating it throughout the park.   The only way I could see this is if someone was just sitting, and not eating anything on a busy day.  Not even sure if that would be appropriate at SDC. 

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 01:16:21 PM »
I honestly don't see a problem with what Disney is doing. The reason they're removing benches/etc is to make it easier for the HUGE crowds that are in the parks to get from one place to another. I can't even imagine what it'd be like if SDC got the kind of crowds Disney does; it would be far more than just "bottlenecks".