General Category > Dollywood Discussion

Dollywood 2019

(1/9) > >>

shavethewhales:
http://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/news/local/dollywood-developing-5-acre-expansion/51-526144541

Continuing the discussion over the MASSIVE clearing taking place at DW right now, it has now been leaked that an indoor play area (Fireman's Landing for DW), a Frisbee pendulum ride, and an indoor roller coaster are in the works, among other things. It's not clear whether they are all coming next year, or if it's being built in stages, but my assumption is that a few rides and the play area are coming next year with the new roller coaster following.

The news of a new indoor roller coaster is HUGE to me. Every indoor attraction HFE has built has been amazing. Plus, if DW is getting one, that means SDC will get one soon as well! Hopefully for both parks' sake, it's not at the cost of FITH and Blazing Fury.

shavethewhales:
OK, so apparently here are the actual blueprints: https://www.pigeonforgetnguide.com/blog/things-to-do/dollywood-expansion-2019/#

I got overly excited reading the new's report description. Apparently there's actually no indoor roller coaster, and the pendulum ride is a swinging ship, not a frisbee as I had assumed.

Looks like the coaster is a family suspended? Hard to tell. I don't know why they thought it was indoors, I guess because they showed it with the ride envelope around it.

Seems like a very "family" oriented area. Basically a bigger Fireman's Landing with a coaster and new rides. Can't decipher the theme yet, but it might be "snow".  ::)

cowboy:
That "roller coaster" is very interesting looking considering it looks like an enclosed tube like ride and there are fans on the support columns. I was almost guessing a bobsled type coaster......but the fans are interesting to say the least.

Jay

chittlins:

--- Quote from: cowboy on March 06, 2018, 10:48:18 AM ---That "roller coaster" is very interesting looking considering it looks like an enclosed tube like ride and there are fans on the support columns. I was almost guessing a bobsled type coaster......but the fans are interesting to say the least.

Jay

--- End quote ---
Snow goes with bobsled so an encloses bobsled the fans used to help the "chill" factor. Will it have cooling system other than fans. World's first 4d enclosed bobsled ride?

shavethewhales:
More like worlds first suspended 4D bobslead, lol. On closer inspection the layout matches one of the newer standard Vekoma family invert layouts. The supports definitely attach at the top when you look closely at the station detail. I really think it is just a standard Vekoma jr. invert with the ride envelope shown around the track. The news people saw that and thought it was enclosed.

That got me so excited, and then so disappointed when I figured out what was really happening. Oh well, it's a nice addition. I'd like to see what the theme is though, because it's a lot of rides thrown around and DW has a poor recent history of throwing too many rides into an area. It feels more like a typical amusement park with each passing year. I've complained about the "wilderness" area in the back before... but it should be better this year with the cheap splash battle gone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version