Author Topic: White Water Atlanta  (Read 6717 times)

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
White Water Atlanta
« on: January 31, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »
This is just something to write about…

Six Flags is in some financial trouble these days and there is talk of selling off more parks. If so, would it be wise for SDC to purchase some or would that be overextending HFE. Also would it possibly be wise to buy back White Water Atlanta? There are some draw backs to this; the south east has been in a drought… There are also some benefits; one of the best water parks, not having to build a water park at SMP… this discussion could go several ways, I thought it was interesting.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: White Water Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »
Well, the certainly tried to go that route a couple of years ago when they bid on about 5 SF properties at once. It really would have been interesting to see how that would have turned out, but as you can imagine, I had qualms. Having Frontier City become a Herschend park would definitely have been sweet.

What was White Water Atlanta and what is it now?

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »
White Water Atlanta still exists, however it is now owned by Six Flags. HFE sold the park back in 1999. It is constantly rated as one of the top 10 water parks in the country and I believe was a cash cow. They also used the park as a “proto park” they built a few things there that they later built at other HFE water parks.  It is located next door to a former HFE park called American Adventures, a children’s theme park. American Adventures has a foam factory which later became Geyser Gulch at SDC.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »
I'd be fine if the Herschends purchased back White Water Atlanta (I didn't even know they once owned it ::)) But, I think it would be a bad idea to just start purchasing Six Flags parks left and right. I think they need to focus more on what they already have going for them.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Max

• I am a Happy Frog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »
I have been to WWA it is my favorite water park. The one in Branson is a Motel Swimming Pool compared to WWA. They should definitely buy it back and continue fixing up the one in Branson.

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »
Yeah six Flags is usually good with water parks.
Hurricane Harbor in St. Louis is amazing!