General Category > Branson Talk

America's Fun Park in Branson

<< < (2/13) > >>

sanddunerider:
Still hard to believe someone on this site hadnt heard about this project..
I saw nothing about it on the minutes from city council meetings.
Nothing about on the weekly updates from Karen Best (mayor) FB page,
Nothing about building permits and est building value.
Odd.. ???

Swoosh:
Well some of us have burnt in the past and don’t post everything they know anymore.  js

shavethewhales:
The more I look into it, the smaller this operation looks. Basically it sounds like they have a contract for a carnival company to park a few rides here all year.

--- Quote ---“Remember the fun of the midway at the state fair? That’s America’s Fun Park,” said Rick Billington, spokesperson for Branson Fun Spot, LLC. “Summer of 2018, America’s Fun Spot is all about carnival rides, games, food and fun.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---They contracted with a major exposition company that does set up ride acquisitions and set-up at state fairs and other events across the country.  Their idea was just to bring another affordable family attraction to Branson.
--- End quote ---

I mean, it's an interesting idea and if it catches on it could turn into something bigger, but they aren't building a real amusement park in three months. I wonder if they'll even have a permanent bathroom or just a row of port-a-potties...

I see it as a proof of concept if nothing else. A lot of cities do things like pop-up parks and temporary bike lanes and such just to gauge community reaction to new things. This is like a pop-up amusement park  ;D  If they don't get a contract for next year, maybe that will encourage the Tracks parks to keep adding rides.

cowboy:
I was amazed at how fast the Galveston Island Historic Pier was put together, also Coney island in Brooklyn is basically a carnival with a couple permanent coaster installations. I'm sure if they get the infrastructure (electric, ride pads, bathrooms) built - the other items can be put up in a few short weeks.

I think this is going to be the logical next steps for Branson. You look at the direction SDC is taking with their ride installations, and the other attractions opened on the strip (coasters, Bigfoot, etc.) you'll probably continue to see more "family" attractions - as the focus moves to younger families.

Jay

sanddunerider:
Concrete slabs for rides,   
Hopefully permanent restrooms, 
3 or 4 food trucks when there are rides going.. 
LOW overhead, 
chance of being a money maker..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version