General Category > Branson Talk

Grand Palace is sold at auction...

<< < (5/5)

History Buff:
Flag on the play.  Deleted comments.  Play nice.

biscuitcreek:
Seems like the current owners are leaning toward the aquarium concept. Here's more info from KY3:

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Proposed-Branson-aquarium-could-include-large-octopus-reaching-towards-the-strip-500424951.html

sanddunerider:
Like almost any other project in town... 

they want tax incentives,
free land,
"give me this, Give me that".!
More free stuff..

YEAH!!   we will build that..!

shavethewhales:
They aren't asking for "free land", they are asking for permission to build into the ROW for their giant octopus thing that will interact with the sidewalk. This is something that Branson has encouraged developers to do as part of the Spirit of 76 project.

Tax incentives are a no-brainer here. On a macro level, they get abused a lot, but if you want big, unique developments you have to help them along. They are taking a bigger risk vs. someone building a walmart or a hotel. If this gets built, everyone will benefit from the increased traffic. You can't really say the same about most general development (although developers certainly try to).

sanddunerider:

--- Quote from: shavethewhales on November 15, 2018, 02:43:40 PM ---They aren't asking for "free land", they are asking for permission to build into the ROW for their giant octopus thing that will interact with the sidewalk. This is something that Branson has encouraged developers to do as part of the Spirit of 76 project.

Tax incentives are a no-brainer here. On a macro level, they get abused a lot, but if you want big, unique developments you have to help them along. They are taking a bigger risk vs. someone building a walmart or a hotel. If this gets built, everyone will benefit from the increased traffic. You can't really say the same about most general development (although developers certainly try to).

--- End quote ---

Shave, I understand very well what your saying, and what they are asking/requesting....

It just seems everytime something major is proposed they builders want money, incentives, tax breaks, and special considerations.

The article said the octopus would be within 10ft of 76. .  that is too close, especially if it s a moving display... it will distract drivers, regardless of what they say... If it is that BIG, we can see it in the parking lot...!!

As far a bigger development, I just dont agree with it..
IF you have a money making project, get your financing and build it.  A money maker will pay its own way... 
If  your not sure? raise a couple million dollars and ask for breaks and incentives, if the project fails your not out any money, take the deduction, and you can move on to the next "project"

Just the way I fell about it, My opinion..  No disagreements, no argruments.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version