General Category > Random Talk

Your Travels Thread (2018)

<< < (2/41) > >>

sirwillow:
This year is starting to shape up to be a big one, and it's very early in the planning stages still.

I leave Friday for a week in Florida:
Sat 1/13 Disney Springs
Sun 1/14 Animal Kingdom
Mon 1/15 Epcot
Tues 1/16 Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure
Weds 1/17 Disney Hollywood Studios
Thurs 1/18 Magic Kingdom

There's a possibility of going to Disney Paris in March, but won't know for a few weeks yet if that one is happen.

Going to Israel in June for our 25th anniversary.  That's a surprise for my wife still, so don't tell her!  lol

Possibly a return trip to WDW in November

Oh, and we've still got a major family get together in July somewhere, don't know yet, maybe Branson, maybe SoCal.

Hoping to have a swing out to Northern California for a high school reunion, in which case I'll hit Discovery Kingdom and Great America.

That's on top of our normal SDC/ Branson stuff.  So it may turn out to be a lot of travel this year.

runner1960:
July or August- 6 days hiking in Colorado. Then on to Salt lake city to Mountain bike with some old friends.

Mid December- Finland/Norway and Sweden to cross country ski and view the Northern lights. May delay this till Jan 2019. Would also like to make it to St. Petersburg Russia but I think that's a summertime destination.

Just starting to make plans but they will not be set in stone. I prefer to be flexible and spontaneous.

May make a couple SDC trips but that is TBD.

tiffanylynnt:
My husband's birthday and my birthday are about 2 weeks apart so we always take a trip in between to celebrate. This year we are going to Jefferson City, Mo. We're both huge history nerds so we're pretty excited.

I'll be heading to the Myrtle Beach area in May when my sister has her first baby!!! 😍

My in-laws always spend a week in Branson every summer and invite us. That'll probably be sometime in June or July.

My husband and I take a trip for our anniversary every year. We haven't decided yet where to go, but we have until October to decide. If anyone has a place they love to visit that could be a simple weekend trip, share your ideas! I would love some inspiration! Last year we went to Six Flags Great America.

The weekend before Thanksgiving I always participate in a craft show in Ozark, Mo.

My in-laws are thinking about "skipping Christmas" this year and want to take a trip with immediate family instead of stressing out over the gifts and all the parties. So far I have no idea where they want to go yet.

I'm sure there will be quit a few weekend trips for SDC throughout the year. In 2017, we decided to make it a point to attend every festival like I used to do when I was growing up. We're hoping to do that again this year.

HumphreyHawk:
I'd be over in the corner like...."I'm going to the fancy supercenter this weekend"....lol

I usually what till my employer announces our bonus before I start thinking about trips.

chittlins:
March- Spring Break
Sat  17 -   Busch Gardens Tampa (Int. Food and Wine Fest)

Sun  18 -  Uni Florida/Island of Adventure (Mardi Gras)

Mon 19 -  USF/IOA (Day), Blue Man Group(6PM), FunSpot America(late)

Tue  20-   Volcano Bay (early), Epcot(night)

Wed 21-  Discovery Cove and Aquatica, Coca Cola Eye

Thu 22 -  Sea World(9am to 2pm) Animal Kingdom 3pm-9pm,  Fun Spot Kissimmee(late night)

Fri 23 -    Dixie Crossroads for Lunch, Disney Cruise

Sat 24 -   Nassau Bahamas

Sun 25 -  Castaway Cay

Mon 26-  Disney World

Tue 27-    Legoland (maybe 50/50)

April - SDC on good weather weekend day, Wonders of Wildlife in Springfield, Big Foot, Mountain Coaster

May - Three day weekend in Vegas, Adventure Dome, Show,
           Cowabunga Bay (if open)

June - Dollywood, Wilderness In the Smokies
            SDC visit

July - Chicago extended weekend, Cubs game, Six Flags,
          Navy Pier

August - SDC possible

Sept - SDC possible

Oct- 4 day weekend Los Angeles,  Knotts Berry, Universal  Studios for their Halloween stuff,  Six Flags Magic Mountain (time permitting)

SDC

Dec - SDC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version