Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > Construction/Rumors

SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments

<< < (2/84) > >>

Swoosh:
I think you know what I meant and while yes you can see things if you go looking for them right now, it is not a blatant scream of "LOOK AT ME" like what a sky screamer or a hyper coaster would be.

Or were you just trying to be argumentative?

shavethewhales:
I agree that I like it better when they have their own little neck of the woods to play in and aren't pushed next to the pathways like a typical amusement park. It's becoming more and more of a moot point though with all the rides that are being packed in. The whole backside of the park is pretty much that way now. DW did an OK job of combining up-close rides and ambiance with the timber canyon area though. It just takes a lot of well-planned theming.

As far as wishes for 2020 go though, I'd love a GCII in the vein of InvadR or Mystic Timbers or Thunderhead. Just another classic, widely-appealing coaster that doesn't try to be anything it doesn't need to be.

Honestly I wouldn't expect that much though. Maybe we'll get a drop tower like DW's? Or if the rumors are to be believed, they'll gut/replace/renovate one of the classic rides that needs extensive work to keep going. That's been rumored for as long as this site has been around though and they haven't done it yet, but I guess we'll see.

chittlins:

--- Quote from: shavethewhales on September 13, 2017, 09:21:00 PM ---I agree that I like it better when they have their own little neck of the woods to play in and aren't pushed next to the pathways like a typical amusement park. It's becoming more and more of a moot point though with all the rides that are being packed in. The whole backside of the park is pretty much that way now. DW did an OK job of combining up-close rides and ambiance with the timber canyon area though. It just takes a lot of well-planned theming.

As far as wishes for 2020 go though, I'd love a GCII in the vein of InvadR or Mystic Timbers or Thunderhead. Just another classic, widely-appealing coaster that doesn't try to be anything it doesn't need to be.

Honestly I wouldn't expect that much though. Maybe we'll get a drop tower like DW's? Or if the rumors are to be believed, they'll gut/replace/renovate one of the classic rides that needs extensive work to keep going. That's been rumored for as long as this site has been around though and they haven't done it yet, but I guess we'll see.

--- End quote ---

My theory of twos says a Funtime time is coming, I'd like a Star Flyer. Our Shot/drop tower is in Fireman's Landing notater how short it is.

Swoosh:
Well I hope you're wrong because I don't want an eyesore at the park

sdcfan88:
While probably unlikely since it would offer a similar ride experience to Time Traveler minus the spinning, SDC really has an opportunity here to capitalize on their relationship with Mack by reviving the Mystery Mine concept that was once talked about years ago before the recession killed it. I really think they could pull off a superior version using their Big Dipper trains. After finally making a trip over to Dollywood and experiencing it earlier this year, I really think SDC needs this. I really loved the combined coaster and dark ride elements it offered despite how it beats you up which goes back to how I think a Mack design would be superior as it would not have that brutal experience with they way their trains are designed. I have to admit when that vertical drop was placed on Time Traveler I was convinced that's what they had went with at the time, despite all the rumors. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version