Author Topic: Sight and Sound  (Read 3590 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Sight and Sound
« on: May 02, 2017, 08:51:41 AM »
Been to a couple of their biblical based productions and wish they would start up another theater with a similar concept based on American History.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Sight and Sound
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 07:45:34 AM »
Been to a couple of their biblical based productions and wish they would start up another theater with a similar concept based on American History.
Thumbs -up!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »
I would love that!!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

jshhmr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »

No kidding! Was really interested in seeing what that theater is about, but turned off by the subject matter. I understand they're going after a certain demographic, but that demo isn't sustainable due to the age of the average Branson tourist.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »

No kidding! Was really interested in seeing what that theater is about, but turned off by the subject matter. I understand they're going after a certain demographic, but that demo isn't sustainable due to the age of the average Branson tourist.

You say that but when we went last season the place was packed with 20 something year olds and people in their thirtys with their children.   
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 10:37:56 AM »

You say that but when we went last season the place was packed with 20 something year olds and people in their thirtys with their children.

Yep, Families are no issue with them.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 02:47:53 PM »
If they did historical productions I might attend. Being a agnostic the bible stuff just is not my cup of tea. Guess you could say I am not the typical Branson God and Country demographic.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 12:07:06 AM »
If they did historical productions I might attend. Being a agnostic the bible stuff just is not my cup of tea. Guess you could say I am not the typical Branson God and Country demographic.

Same here (agnostic-atheist). But I'm a writer, so even if I don't get anything spiritually out of stories about Moses or Jonah, I do get things out of them when it comes to symbolism/etc. So I've actually been rather interested in checking out these Sight & Sound shows, not just because they're stories from my childhood that I still appreciate even now, but also because of the technicality of the shows. They look AMAZING. I mean, live animals and what-not? Wow. I wish I hadn't missed the Noah show.