Author Topic: Country Music Weekend  (Read 2673 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Country Music Weekend
« on: September 10, 2016, 07:34:55 PM »
Last year we were able to go to all 3 nights of Country Music Weekend in Echo Hollow. Was just wondering if anyone had attended this weekend. If the weather cooperates we will be there Sunday night for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Country Music Weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 12:53:41 AM »
Today (Saturday) was Cox Health Family Day.  You couldn't pay me enough to go to the park today. 
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:03:09 AM »
Today (Saturday) was Cox Health Family Day.  You couldn't pay me enough to go to the park today.

Friends went and I saw traffic pics. Or the gridlock from the High road to the city.  I am with you, lets go ride the Mountain Coaster instead.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
We went yesterday for Lonestar at 4 or so. We got in pretty easily and parked in 6. Walked down to Echo Hollow and parked ourselves for the show. The only real problem we had was with one of the park attendants who was overly aggressive about us not having Cox wristbands when I went to go stand by the fence and finish listening to the concert when we left with about 2 songs left. She all but yelled at me for not having an armband and told us to leave. Apparently Cox rented the place out until 10PM and if you had an armband, you had full run of the park. If not, they wanted you to leave. There were no signs about any of this so I was pretty angry that I was yelled at. Left a note on their facebook page. The only place this armband nazi seemed to be was at the entrance to the walkway that leads to GE from EH. No one enforcing the armband thing anywhere else. Kind of ridiculous

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 01:20:17 PM »

'Twasn't bad actually.  Our group walked on to OR and rode twice.  We got to ride PK with a five-minute wait, WF with a 10-minute wait (twice), and the Giant Swing with a 15-minute wait.  Those who wanted got to ride LR (long wait), and AP and TnT with a 10-minute wait.

I estimate there were 16-17,000 in attendance.  The only bottlenecks were at lunch time, for about an hour.  The line for Lone Star formed from EH all the way to the Main Street, starting at about 4:00.

Weather was exceptional, and we had a terrific time with five adults and ten kids (ages 4-16).
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »
We arrived late Sunday afternoon in time to hear the last gazebo show of the day. From there we got in line for Echo Hollow which was already backed up to the square. Echo Hollow did fill for Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. We really enjoyed the concert -- there was no intermission.

Sure wish the management would do something about the bathroom situation and the concessions at Echo Hollow. The walkway is too congested with people trying to get to seats, people waiting in line for concessions and t-shirts, and people trying to get to and from the bathroom. It would really help to have another bathroom on the Grand Exposition side of EH.