Author Topic: Silver Dollar City, Duck, and White Water questions??  (Read 4304 times)

dixie

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
Silver Dollar City, Duck, and White Water questions??
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:46:00 PM »
We are giving our kids and Grandkids a trip to Branson next summer for Christmas. We will be there a week and staying at the French Quarter TS. The kids ages will be 8,6, and 3. We are trying to decided if we want to buy every one season passes for SDC so they can come and go all week or buy the 3 day 2 park pass that includes White Water. Would those ages like WW? Then do the Duck( which one?) And the fish hatchery and maybe a trip to top of.the Rock.

Would love your advice:)! Also since this summer trip will be their main Christmas present, I want to make them excited about going. I have bought some SDC t shirts for everyone but the 2 boys 6 and 4. I bought them on EBay. If anyone wants to sell SDC t shirts still in good condition for the boys , I would be interested.
Thanks so much for any advice!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Silver Dollar City, Duck, and White Water questions??
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 09:16:53 PM »
My suggestion is to get the 2 parks - 3 days tickets, a "play card" for the Tracks, and then do the Ducks from the Landing (the reason being that the Ducks at the Landing can be tied into a visit to that area whereas the one on the strip is basically by itself).  I would also suggest adding dinner at Dixie Stampede - that's very kid friendly.  Might also do the Inspiration Point tower with the Vigilante zipline back down. 

If you have any specific questions, ask away.  You have a wealth of info here with this board
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 09:42:14 PM »
I think either plan sounds good, but I'd personally go with the 3-day pass plan just because I like variety. Depending on how far away they are though, a set of season passes could be very useful as they could come back anytime all year - including the huge Christmas celebration.

Don't forget that there's also a giant ferris wheel on the strip now that they might enjoy. Not sure that Top of the Rock would be worth the trip for them at that age (isn't it mostly a golf course?), but the fish hatchery was a big deal for me as a kid.

dixie

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 09:48:53 PM »
Wear can you get the play card? And what is it for? Will kids that young find plenty to do at WW? What else do you like to do at the landing?
Thanks so much!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 09:53:20 PM »
Wear can you get the play card? And what is it for? Will kids that young find plenty to do at WW? What else do you like to do at the landing?
Thanks so much!

Sorry.  They are called Go-Cards.  Here you can get info on them
http://www.bransontracks.com/gocard.aspx

At the Landing you can eat, shop, watch the dancing fountain/fire show and they have a tethered balloon elevator ride and they have a powered zipline that goes over Lake Taneycomo up on the cliffs and back.  There is also a Bass Pro Shop there
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 10:04:18 PM »
They have a special right now through August 16th.  Cards good for 4 rides on the Go-Carts for $26.00.  The points on the card never expire, so you can actually buy them now and save money
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »
How tall are the kids?

At WW the 4 year old may like Coconut Cove the most, but he/she will also like Splashaway Cay. Other 2 will probably like Splashaway Cay and Lazy River the most, unless they are tall enough to ride other slides and want to. If you plan on staying all day for at least 1 day (I recommend you do) then you might want to rent a cabana in front of a place you think they will be the most, for whatever day you go.

Are you only coming for 1 week next year and no other time? If so, you may want to buy the 3 day, 2 park passes because Im guessing you may want to do other things in Branson too. They also have family slides and big slides for adults to do. Both kinds of passes include a 40% discount for the Showboat for as long as the passes last. Both kids and adults love it. If you think you might come back again that year, it would be cheaper to buy Season Passes so you can see the lights out at SDC during Nov and Dec. If you can somehow get into SDC during Nov or Dec, you will be able to buy Season Passes for about $35 cheaper for next year.

Other discounts: After 3, next day free. I would do this if you are coming half a day to either park, then coming half a day or a full day the next day.

Bring a Coke to the ticket booth for $5 off.

Law Enforcement, Military, and Senior discounts.

Im also seeing a discount for Season Pass holders. They can buy up to 4 one day WW tickets for $20, now thru 9-5-16. Offer not available online.

The Branson Landing Water and Fire show is the best show in Branson because it is FREE. There are about 4 stores that give out free samples of chocolate, fudge, and ice cream. There are also stores that give out samples of other stuff like hot sauce too, but not many people like hot foods. Dicks 5 & 10 is a very neat store with a variety of different toys, candy, trains, arts & crafts, housewares, and novelty items. It is on 76 (the main road), east of Branson Landing, in downtown.

Kids may want to ride some Zip lines like the waterfront zip line. Kids love the Hollywood Wax Museum, mini golf, and Mirror Maze. But any kid 10 or under that gets scared easily will definately not like the Castle of Chaos ride.

There are all kinds of things to do, museums to see, and restaurants to eat at, that they might find interesting throughout Branson. It wont be hard finding enough things to do to last for a week.

If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:52:42 AM by Laroy »

dixie

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 03:48:54 PM »
Laroy,
I am interested in your comment about buying season passes for $35 cheaper for next year if you go to SDC this Nov or Dec. My husband and I are going in December to SDC. Love the lights on shows etc. Will we be able to buy SDC passes for everyone for the following summer? What about season passes to the 2 parks?
thanks so much everyone for all the information:)!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 09:08:45 PM »
Laroy,
I am interested in your comment about buying season passes for $35 cheaper for next year if you go to SDC this Nov or Dec. My husband and I are going in December to SDC. Love the lights on shows etc. Will we be able to buy SDC passes for everyone for the following summer? What about season passes to the 2 parks?

In December, you should be able to upgrade your tickets to a season pass for 2017.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

dixie

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 06:31:56 AM »
Anyone know how much you save upgrading to a SDC season pass or upgrading to a 2 park season pass? if you go on a Thursday when they sell the $35 passes at the store, do you pay more to up grade? Also, if you are in the park in December, can you buy all the other season passes for others not with you and save on those too? Or is it just available to who is in the park?
 Thanks so much for info!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 06:38:32 AM »
Laroy,

In December, you should be able to upgrade your tickets to a season pass for 2017.

I do not think you can apply 2016 tickets to 2017 season passes.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 06:44:13 AM »
Anyone know how much you save upgrading to a SDC season pass or upgrading to a 2 park season pass? if you go on a Thursday when they sell the $35 passes at the store, do you pay more to up grade? Also, if you are in the park in December, can you buy all the other season passes for others not with you and save on those too? Or is it just available to who is in the park?
 Thanks so much for info!

As for the Thursday tickets for 2016 you can upgrade to a 2016 season pass but it will still cost the same.
You can buy passes in December for everyone but you will need all their information. Birthdays, ages , addresses. It is quite time consuming when you can go online and enter the information yourself in minutes. THe system they use in park is quite outdated.

You cannot upgrade a 2016 ticket to a 2017 season pass and get all the benefits.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:45:34 AM by Runner1960 »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 08:41:10 AM »
You cannot upgrade a 2016 ticket to a 2017 season pass and get all the benefits.

You can upgrade a 2016 ticket to a 2017 season pass. Last December we had one day admission tickets and we upgraded those to 2016 season passes. The only benefit we did not receive with that was the Bring a Friend passes.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 10:32:35 AM »
Laroy,
At full price when the park is open, it is currently $114 for both parks and about $85 for just SDC. It seems like they raise the prices every year. In Nov and Dec it is about $85 for both parks and $58 for SDC. You can buy as many as you want, but you dont need your whole family there to buy them. You just need 1 person to buy them for everyone. You will need to provide a little info like their names and birthdays. I recommend buying passes if you think you might come for more than 7 days in the same week next year or if you might come 2 or more different times throughout the year. They would make great stocking stuffers. Kids may not thank you at first, but they will be thanking you all summer when they go to WW.