Author Topic: An Old Time Christmas  (Read 2473 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
An Old Time Christmas
« on: July 18, 2016, 04:51:34 PM »
As posted on social media today by SDC, they have officially started hanging lights for Christmas festival, which is 110 days away.

One thing I find interesting is that on the posts they out #159days, which is Christmas Eve. I wonder why they have a countdown to Christmas Eve, especially since they aren't even open.

It has to be weird for workers to start decorating for Christmas in July. You would think that even though they put up such a ridiculous amount of decorations, they could make it work so that they don't need to start hanging them 3.5 months in advance.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: An Old Time Christmas
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »
Didn't mean to post this page twice, it didn't seem to be posting on my browser.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 05:36:02 PM »
I had heard before that they started in August. But to see it begin in mid-July seems really early to me! Whatever it takes to make it all look amazing.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:35 PM »
It's been mid July for the last several years, so no surprise to me.  It's a lot of lights they have to put up, and the way they do it takes a good amount of time.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.