Author Topic: Missouri Mountain Moonshine?  (Read 5151 times)

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
Missouri Mountain Moonshine?
« on: April 14, 2016, 04:48:32 AM »
I have been following TGC Photography on Instagram now for a while now because she takes a lot of really good photos at/of Silver Dollar City as well as around Branson and the general area.

She posted this last night:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEKMuEDhVmH/

So,  has anybody been here? Thoughts on it? http://www.momtnmoonshine.com

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Missouri Mountain Moonshine?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 03:51:13 PM »
Been a few times. It is laid out strangely. But their moonshine is good. They have full sampling bar on left side and restaurant/Bar to the right. And if you want to buy moonshine bottles you do that near the entrance on the left. The stuff on the menu looks good but we haven't had it. We have had several of the cocktail mixtures in the bar area and they are good drinks. The caramel moonshine is REALLY good.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »
Is it like the Moonshine place in Gatlinburg?
SWOOSH

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 11:33:11 AM »
I've been there a quite a few times now. All of their moonshines are really good. My personal favorite is the peach. Eaten there a couple times as well. The food is pretty good. The BBQ nachos are a personal favorite, as is the burger topped with pulled pork. They do also have live music on most weekends. I prefer Missouri Mountain over Copper Run when you're comparing the two moonshines. Also Missouri Mountain has the advantages of being closer to home having a full menu as opposed to snacks.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »
FYI...It is made in Colorado... apparently they'll be moving bottling to outside Branson next year...Not sure if this is a one off type of shop or if it is a chain...

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 07:23:08 PM »
Thanks everybody! Two more questions...
Family friendly for the food area?
Are the BBQ nachos as good as the pork BBQ nachos at the Buzzard Bar at Big Cedar Lodge?

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 07:52:25 PM »
Unsure what you mean about family friendly... do they have smoking? no. Do they have alcohol at the tables? Yes.

I mean, I would take our 9 and 12 year olds there to eat no problem. It isn't a bar if that is what you are really asking

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:31 PM »
Yes,  that's what I was after. I needed to know if this was date night only or if I could take the kids there and eat while checking it out.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:57 PM »
Thanks again!

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 06:02:30 PM »
Yes,  that's what I was after. I needed to know if this was date night only or if I could take the kids there and eat while checking it out.

You can definitely take the kids there. I've seen plenty of parents bring their kids in, mostly earlier in the day though.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 06:05:54 PM »
FYI...It is made in Colorado... apparently they'll be moving bottling to outside Branson next year...Not sure if this is a one off type of shop or if it is a chain...

My wife and I have talked with several of the staff there on our first couple of visits and they're not a chain. They have to distill in Colorado for the moment because, according to them, the process for getting a distillers license in Missouri is a fairly long and involved process.

Hollwood

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 06:36:23 PM »
My wife and I had lunch here today and the food was phenomenal. I had the pulled pork with there house made spicy BBQ sauce and the wife had the smoked chicken salad sandwich, both came with sidewinder fries (a mix between a chip and a steak fry). We also shared a hillbilly lemonade (berry moonshine with lemonade and fresh blackberries and raspberries). Our bill was only $25 so we were very pleased.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 07:16:03 PM »
I will second the recommendation on the hillbilly lemonade. It goes down far too smoothly though.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 08:04:11 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEpISXFBVgL/

Looks like there is a band  there tonight for you locals