Author Topic: Top of the Rock  (Read 8700 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Top of the Rock
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 10:30:09 AM »
Now I am reading and hearing that the PTB there think/hope there may be a large, undiscovered cavern.. 
WOW!! Maybe they can make another money pit of an attraction out of the hole in the ground. ;D
Only Johnny Morris, could spend milions of dollars on a project, have a sinkhole show up in the middle of it, then make money on it...  LOL.!!

A gripe from a friend that stopped at the new Pyramid Bass Pro, too small and not enough parking.

I still think there should have been a small collection of wildlife themed rides.

Mr. Bass Pro must have ran a highly profitable lemonade stand as a tike.

Needs to just buy Bass Pro International and start his own airline.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Top of the Rock
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 03:26:30 PM »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Aunt Mollie

• View Profile
Not a Surprise
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 07:35:37 AM »
Dr. M. Graham Clark knew about the cave under his property.  He told me about how National Geographic had taken pictures of it and told him it was one of the prettiest caves they had seen.  He hadn't been in it himself since the only way in was to rappel into it. Since Dr. Clark was friends with Johnny Morris, I can't imagine he didn't share the same story with him.  I am just not buying that he was surprised to find it.  No doubt he was surprised for it to open up, but its existence was no surprise to people who spent time with Dr. Clark.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:36:52 AM by Aunt Mollie »