Author Topic: Refering to the map on the website if you look closely.......  (Read 7419 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Refering to the map on the website if you look closely.......
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 06:23:55 PM »
Hyperbolic = beyond ridiculous :o
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »
Why the hostility Swoosh?  I'm stating the obvious.  SDC already has 5....count them 5 roller coasters.  Why are you so hell-bent on adding another at the expense of losing a cool, indoor, family ride?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 04:22:03 PM »
Please show me where I said that.  Go ahead and quote it. 
As far as FM is concerned - it's on it's last leg.  It's going to receive minimal fixes and fade off into the sunset.  The ROI to fix it is not there.  I had to come terms with that and so will the rest of you. 

As for the hostility, I just get annoyed really easy when people start over exaggerating how "bad" things are at SDC.  They're not. 
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 06:19:41 PM »
I agree with Swoosh. Things aren't that bad at SDC. Their additions have kept with the theme of the park and frankly the park has done a great job sticking to its roots while also growing and adapting to the times. Yes we can look at things at a micro level and nit-pick, I do it with certain things as well, but when you look at the grand scheme of things SDC is a still top-notch theme park.

Yes, it will hurt to lose part of the history of SDC but seeing it die a slow and painful death is almost as bad. I think replacing FM with a world-class dark ride attraction, fit to theme with nods to the FM would be a great addition to the park, and one that will help the park evolve even further.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 07:04:30 PM »
I'm not going to argue, but since you threw the glove down...
--------------------------------------------------------------
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments 

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 03:54:45 PM »

I wonder if they'd ever consider putting a coaster on the hill between PowderKeg and Wildfire.  That area seems perfect and hidden enough for another big ride. 

Who knows.  I just want another big ride.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I never said things were "bad" at SDC.  I just don't want to see SDC turn into another WOF or SF.  That's all I'm saying.  What is really sad is they failed to maintain FM and now it has gotten to this point where it would be expensive to refurbish.

Coaster-You and I are in agreement.  If they would replace it with something as impressive as it was in it's day then it's all good!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 07:49:45 PM »
Ok so you posted where I said I wanted another coaster - no where does it mention at the expense of a indoor dark ride as you accused me - so again where did I say that?

SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 09:10:20 PM »
I hate that the strategy of letting awesome, unique, storied attractions fade away through purposefully poor management always works on people. What ends up replacing FM will pale in comparison, that's all I know for sure. However, we're gearing off track here and this thread has served it's purpose, so let's keep it in the other FM/future speculation threads.