Author Topic: The Globetrotters Summer 2015  (Read 11844 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: The Globetrotters Summer 2015
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »
The Globetrotters seem to be a popular show. All the shows were full and lines of people turned away to go in and see them during all shows that we tried to catch. We finally saw them but went straight to line the second the park opened to catch the 11:30 show.
Colorado SDC Fan

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 10:42:03 AM »
My wife and I went down yesterday afternoon for the sole purpose of watching the Globetrotters.  We got into the park at 2:30 and knew we had an hour and a half wait before the show so as we always do, we jumped on Thunderation.   Short line, got right on and right off.  Instead of going back on again, my wife suggested that we go and wait in like for the Globetrotters.  It was easly 2:45.  The line was already at Echo Hollow.  We decided to wait and see.  Then one of the guys came down saying that from where we were, it was on the bubble if we were to get in or not.  We wanted to see it and it was the last show so we thought why not, we'll try it out.  We did get in and was able to sit together.  It was great.  We loved it.  Made me feel like a kid again.  They put on an excellent show.  I knew it wasn't going to be a regular game like you can go see but still, fantastic.  Someone earlier mentioned what did the Globetrotters have to do with the 1880's.  Nothing, sure, I give you that.  However, with the amount of audience participation involved and that's what SDC is all about, they seemed to fit in perfectly.  And it's great they stay around for 20-30 minutes to meet the fans.  You can't tell me the kids don't remember that.  I'm glad we got to see them and I hope they come back next year.  The only problem I saw was the fact it was at the Riverfront playhouse that seats only 200.  Is that the largest place to hold them?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 11:10:25 AM »
My wife and I went down yesterday afternoon for the sole purpose of watching the Globetrotters.  We got into the park at 2:30 and knew we had an hour and a half wait before the show so as we always do, we jumped on Thunderation.   Short line, got right on and right off.  Instead of going back on again, my wife suggested that we go and wait in like for the Globetrotters.  It was easly 2:45.  The line was already at Echo Hollow.  We decided to wait and see.  Then one of the guys came down saying that from where we were, it was on the bubble if we were to get in or not.  We wanted to see it and it was the last show so we thought why not, we'll try it out.  We did get in and was able to sit together.  It was great.  We loved it.  Made me feel like a kid again.  They put on an excellent show.  I knew it wasn't going to be a regular game like you can go see but still, fantastic.  Someone earlier mentioned what did the Globetrotters have to do with the 1880's.  Nothing, sure, I give you that.  However, with the amount of audience participation involved and that's what SDC is all about, they seemed to fit in perfectly.  And it's great they stay around for 20-30 minutes to meet the fans.  You can't tell me the kids don't remember that.  I'm glad we got to see them and I hope they come back next year.  The only problem I saw was the fact it was at the Riverfront playhouse that seats only 200.  Is that the largest place to hold them?

T-N-T, I am puzzled when you say the Globetrotters were at Riverfront Playhouse. They were in Red-Gold Heritage Hall which holds way more than 200 people. I know someone else on here knows the seating capacity of Red Gold.

We saw the Globetrotters on Friday the 17th. We got in line about 10:15. Doors opened at 11 for Show Lovers and handicapped guests and the other doors opened at 11:05. Pre show started about 11:15. Actual show ran until 12:10. Red Gold was full and the audience was really into it. The team they had on Friday really did interact with the audience, and the team members looked like they were having a good time.

We enjoyed the show but if the Globetrotters come back next summer, I don't think we would stand in line again. I know all of the kids waiting around us with their families did not like waiting in line that long when they could be riding rides.

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 11:22:56 AM »
Red-Gold, that's right, my mistake.  While we were being told that we may or may not get in the guy informed us it only sits 200.  That's where I came up with the number.  I loved it though, well worth the wait in my book. 

Hollwood

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 12:17:19 PM »
Red Gold sits closer to 1,500... Hell, Dockside and Boatworks sit 300.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2015, 01:20:47 PM »
Hell seats way more than 300!    ;D

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2015, 02:21:42 PM »
Now you're thinking like me, Gilligan,  (;)) but Hollywood surely would have employed an Oxford comma if that was the intended meaning.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Hollwood

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2015, 06:14:24 PM »
I live by the Oxford comma! It takes away all ambiguity... Or at least I thought it did!

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2015, 08:23:46 PM »
I only stated what the guy who works there told us, that's all I can do.  Maybe that's why it looked like a lot more than 200 in there.  The only glaring thing I didn't like was the shameless Coke advertising in the middle of it.  Very classless but besides that, great show.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2015, 10:35:19 PM »
I live by the Oxford comma! It takes away all ambiguity... Or at least I thought it did!

Hollywood gets cool points for understanding the Oxford comma remark!  ;D
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating