Author Topic: Thunderation last night ...  (Read 1615 times)

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Thunderation last night ...
« on: July 19, 2015, 10:47:37 AM »
My wife and I love Thunderation.  Ever since it opened when I was a kid, it was the first ride of the day when I showed up to the park.  My wife has continued that tradition with me.  We went last night, mostly to see the Globetrotters, but also because we wanted to ride Thunderation at night.  We have gotten to do that a couple of times this year and it's way awesome.  We talked with the girl that worked there and she informed us that after the fireworks go off, they'll re-open about 10-15 minutes after just to make sure nothing was compromised by the fireworks since they were shot off near the ride.  Completely understandable.  After watching the fireworks at Echo Hollow, we went straight to Thunderation.  There was a good line in front of us and it just kept growing.  As we were waiting, one of the guys came up and said that maintenance had to come and inspect the track.  I get that, no problem.  We were informed that it would be 15 minutes or so for them to do that.  Well, it kept getting later and later and later and later and finally at 9:50, 10 minutes before the park closed, they shut down the ride.  Very disappointing.  There never said why it closed, I don't think it had anything to do with the fireworks but I don't know.  I think if you knew you weren't going to re-open it, just say it right away and not let everyone waste their last 45 minutes of the park by standing in a line for a ride that won't open.