General Category > Branson Talk

The "What's Wrong With Branson" Mega-Thread

<< < (2/7) > >>

Gilligan:

--- Quote from: DianaGail on May 20, 2015, 11:33:04 AM ---My biggest issue is the prices of activities.  We generally don't even go in to town, unless we are without kids or headed in to white water. 

--- End quote ---

I don't go into Branson either unless I'm with others, nieces, nephews, etc., that spend time there.  I don't think the price of activities is any higher than most tourist places - Gatlinburg, Pidgeon Forge, Galveston, Lake of the Ozarks. - When you think of the cost of going to a Disney area, San Francisco or Atlanta - it's going to cost quite a bit more.

SDC-BMW:
Easy. They closed down the dollar shop on 76. All went down hill from there. ;D . I actually do miss that junk. Honestly. The Statler Brother Christmas ornaments were always a trash gift hit at stocking time. A tradition. I almost had the whole set :) Darn you dollar store! ;)

Preachin_Bill:
No more Uncle Joe's.   :'(

coalesce99:
For me it's the fact that the rickety old tower at that intersection on 76 and the nearby (old, independent) wax museum is no longer there.  ;)

Seriously though I used to work for The Kansas City Star, and I distinctly remember a story we did a few years ago about Branson having a serious demographics problem...that old people are vacationing there and the young are not.

biscuitcreek:
One of the things that is wrong with Branson is being torn down -- at the intersection of US 65 and 76 is the awful looking Branson Harbor complex. It is now being torn down. More info from Branson Tri-Lakes:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_0e694ae0-1abb-11e5-9aff-afa9a77e711b.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version