General Category > Branson Talk

Spirit of 76 Project

<< < (2/11) > >>

History Buff:
I can't disagree with you, but until a city does something to show that it is willing to invest, private businesses will not follow suit.  The only things they have really done in the last 40 years are establish alternate routes and install a center turn lane.  They should have been steadily investing in improvements, but they waited until it was a "crisis" to take action.

Swoosh:
I hate being Debbie Downer, but I honestly don't see how Branson can be "saved".  They hitched their carriage to the older crowd for so long that they alienated the younger crowd and that crowd has since gone on to bigger and better things.

I wonder how much longer SDC will act like a "good neighbor" -- I have a feeling that sometime very soon SDC will start just looking out for itself and pull all operations out to Indian Point.  Building a resort, a new waterpark and a new landing for SBB.  They would (for lack of a better way of putting it) become a mini-WDW.  There would be no need to leave their properties because everything that you'd need would be there.  Don't smirk too hard at the thought of this happening, I guarantee that this has already crossed the PTBs minds.  It's no big secret that SDC is what is keeping this area afloat. 

History Buff:
You may be right, Swoosh, but I think it's a risk HFE isn't ready to take.  Most of us would still stay at The Classic with its reduced rates IF we don't just make it a day trip.  Any inclusive resort would have to be something special, which adds up to big dollars.  Without a complementary area to support it, I just don't see them making this move, though I would love to see it happen.  Indian Point, Notch, and the area would become the new Branson.

At the same time, the free market could prevail if given a friendlier economy.  I don't know what it will all look like, but hopefully things will correct themselves.  Like I say, the local investment by the city should show outside investors they are willing to work for it.  Something they should do also is raze defunct buildings and not let them sit there like a billboard for defeat.  Hopefully things will not go the way of Eureka Springs, though there are definitely similarities.

tinmann620:
Most people haven't noticed that the city limits of Branson West is now at SDC's property line, EAST of Notch. Branson's is several miles away, and in a different county. I see a shift in the "benefits" in the near future, as BW has begun cleaning up the town, improving roads, adding new street lights, etc. Food for thought.

chittlins:

--- Quote from: History Buff on May 12, 2015, 09:55:32 PM ---You may be right, Swoosh, but I think it's a risk HFE isn't ready to take.  Most of us would still stay at The Classic with its reduced rates IF we don't just make it a day trip.  Any inclusive resort would have to be something special, which adds up to big dollars.  Without a complementary area to support it, I just don't see them making this move, though I would love to see it happen.  Indian Point, Notch, and the area would become the new Branson.

At the same time, the free market could prevail if given a friendlier economy.  I don't know what it will all look like, but hopefully things will correct themselves.  Like I say, the local investment by the city should show outside investors they are willing to work for it.  Something they should do also is raze defunct buildings and not let them sit there like a billboard for defeat.  Hopefully things will not go the way of Eureka Springs, though there are definitely similarities.

--- End quote ---

Eureka, where to start....

Place still has a few original shops but's its mostly cheap import crap now. The Passion Play seems to have new life with new ownership. It's heavy on bikers these days and the city is little San Fran east of the Rockies as being a hub of super progressivism. A town that should have passed a law for the protection of nonprogressives instead passed a law for the progressives. I joked with a friend that's gay and lives there that they had run the town for over a decade, he conceded it's just the "everybody else is doing it" mentality run amuck. Interestingly enough, they have relocated the shop to Fayetteville.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version