Author Topic: Branson business, 2015.  (Read 6168 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Branson business, 2015.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 07:35:27 AM »
I am encouraged by the Little Mermaid coming to town and we intend to get a group together and go see it dependent on the reviews.
If its the full show than it should be great.  The Disney name will help tremendously
and they normally don't put their name on shoddy stuff.
Pricing on this event is really reasonable including all matinees being 21.50. That's cheap for a big show.
This may be a new way for Branson to pull another audience and assist the hotels, restaurants and shops.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 10:55:35 AM »
I will be honest, when my family visits SDC we never go into Branson.  It is about 3 hours to the park from Jeff City.  We get up early, drive down, close the park, drive home.  There is nothing in town that interests us enough to warrant an overnight stay.  In fact the last time we "stayed overnight in Branson" it was at the motel there just outside the park next to Dollar General in West Branson and that was for Coaster Christmas.  I know we can't be the only ones that feel this way about Branson. 

Sometimes for go carts or mini golf with the kids if it's  not miserable Hot. All in all, no Branson in about 4 out of 5 trips.  There's nothin there I can't do here. We usually hit the park about 4 or 5  times with season passes.  Make Whitewater more compelling we might bite for combo season passes.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
Yeah, in the last decade, I've only been inside the Branson city limits maybe.... three times? One of those times was only to eat at the Grand Country Buffet and that was it. My friends and I did make a day of it a few years ago, going to the Wax Museum & Mirror Maze as well as the indoor blacklight mini golf at Grand Country. The third time was to celebrate a friend's birthday; we went to Ozarkland and then to see Liverpool Legends (which is my friend's favorite show) and then hung out at Shorty Small's.

But aside from those few trips into town, all of which happened after I'd moved to Springfield, most trips to that area were to go to SDC and we always took the Ozark Mountain Highroad to avoid the in-town traffic.

We've talked about this in a different thread before: I just don't think Branson is keeping up with the changing interests of my generation and those that are younger than mine (I sometimes forget how old I am generationally; most of my friends are close to 10 years my junior, so I sometimes think of myself as being a part of their generation).

I really want that Spirit of 76 plan to go through. I went through that entire 100+ page book of conceptuals and MAN, I loved it all!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 11:19:43 PM »
Well Branson is mentioned in that Super 8 national ad that I seem to have have seen a dozen of times this weekend.