Author Topic: Branson Shuffle- Ready for 2015?  (Read 7931 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Shuffle- Ready for 2015?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 07:02:45 AM »
The White House Theater looks to finally have scored a decent show.  The Little Mermaid looks like a full Broadway-style show, and the actress in the title role actually played the role on Broadway.  While $45/adult is steep for my family, the matinee, at half-price, might be an alternative.

http://www.broadwayofbranson.com/#home-section

Saw the little Mermaid on Broadway and it was a awesome show. Is this a original Disney production ? If so this is just the type of entertainment Branson needs to get away from the variety show slump.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 07:33:52 AM »
The White House Theater looks to finally have scored a decent show.  The Little Mermaid looks like a full Broadway-style show, and the actress in the title role actually played the role on Broadway.  While $45/adult is steep for my family, the matinee, at half-price, might be an alternative.

Not seen one bit of marketing on this in NWA. It is something we have often discussed when finding ways to move Branson forward from the typical productions that seem to have stagnated And now in decline. It seems like Sight and Sound has been successful in their biblical based productions like Jonah. Problem 20th Branson and this type of show is that the theaters, particularly the nice ones don't have an affiliated, higher end hotel  adjoining  or  on property  of the venue. I could see success in booking package deals and eliminate some of the traffic issues.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 07:44:53 AM »

Saw the little Mermaid on Broadway and it was a awesome show. Is this a original Disney production ? If so this is just the type of entertainment Branson needs to get away from the variety show slump.

Just found the answer to my question. Looks like it is a original Disney. Now the question is will they use a live orchestra or canned music? All the traveling shows I have ever seen used live music. Hope they do the same here.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 07:57:06 AM »
cant verify live band or not., 

BUT the cast audition had 25 openings, there were over 75 people trying out...

Schedule is to start late may and run all summer..

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »
While it might not be my cup of tea, this is great news.  I think shows like this are just what Branson needs more of.  I'd love it if someone could put a yearly "broadway style" show theatre in Branson and have a new one every year.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 07:41:17 PM »
Honestly there is no reason they couldn't do a "season" of shows.  If Starlight and the Muny can do it, they can do it in Branson.
SWOOSH

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 09:52:54 AM »
While it might not be my cup of tea, this is great news.  I think shows like this are just what Branson needs more of.  I'd love it if someone could put a yearly "broadway style" show theatre in Branson and have a new one every year.

Welk is going to have a Broadway type show -- Million Dollar Quartet (Carl Perkins, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis) -- starting this summer. Auditions are going on now.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 10:21:13 AM »
I saw that! should be an interesting show to see,,  Supposed to run june-december this year, and then march through December next year./

I will for sure check it out this year.,

So I wonder if this is going to be a "Legends" type of show? With different artists later on, or running the same show? repeatedly?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »
I saw that! should be an interesting show to see,,  Supposed to run june-december this year, and then march through December next year./

I will for sure check it out this year.,

So I wonder if this is going to be a "Legends" type of show? With different artists later on, or running the same show? repeatedly?

Million Dollar Quartet was a show on Broadway based on the 4 people listed. There is now on a production on a North American tour plus there is a production in Chicago and Vegas. The 4 characters are the same in each production. In some ways it is in the same vein as Jersey Boys.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »
Thanks, Biscuit..  Never heard of it
.. LOL..   (no surprise)..

for sure will see it though,  I like those guys at that age.