Author Topic: Couple of Questions  (Read 3667 times)

heapshake

• View Profile
Couple of Questions
« on: March 15, 2015, 11:26:36 PM »
Hello,

I work at a facility with children and we get passes to SDC.  I was able to take some kids on opening day, but I have a couple of questions before I go back.  One kid loves coasters and I was able to ride Wildfire with him.  But due to the lines that was the only "big" ride we hit.  I'm 6'3 - 265 lbs, 40" waist.  I was nervous reading the sign outside Wildfire about folks over 215 not fitting, but I was able to fit although an attendant had to close me in.  I'm wondering if I'll be able to fit in the restraints on the other roller coasters and things like the Giant Swing?

Also, I'm going to be taking two kids ages 6 and 7 who are 43" and 45" tall.  I know that several rides will require me to ride with them, but are there any rides that will allow both of them to ride with me at the same time?  It would save quite a bit of time and waiting around for them if I could knock out a ride with both of them at once.  All the other kids are over 48" tall but none of them are 16.

Thanks

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Couple of Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 11:54:36 PM »
To your first question, I'm going to say that you should be able to fit on everything with a 40" waist. Sometimes though people of different proportions have more difficulties than others even with the same weights or waist sizes. Hips are what will really make it difficult to fit if you carry a lot of weight there. If in doubt, Powderkeg and Outlaw Run still have test seats, and I think The Giant Swing may still have one as well. Thunderation is easier to fit in, so I think you'll be fine there in any case.

For smaller kids, there's a number of rides that should fit both of them and you at the same time. Other posters should correct me if I'm wrong or add on to this list, but just to name a few there's the galleon, tea party, fire wagon, fire chaser (balloons), happy frogs (I think?), all the water rides, and fire spotter (the little tower ride in FL). Then there's some rides like the GE coaster and waveswinger that you can all ride at the same time, but not necessarily right next to each other. Could put the kids into one car on the coaster with you right behind (the attendant is good about working these things out). The GE coaster is hard to fit into though, my brother couldn't fit and he isn't that big.

heapshake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:35:16 AM »
Thanks.

We are planning on taking each kid by himself once so they can ride whatever they want (and the coaster lover is first) but once school is out I hope we can go quite a few times as a group. 

CaptainTom

• View Profile
    • CaptainTom's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »
For what it is worth, I am 6 foot, 255, with a 42" waist and have no problems riding ANY of the rides, as I was just there on Opening Day. Wildfire may be the toughest to fit on, so if you rode that, you should be good. Wildfire actually has larger rider seats in rows 3,4,5, and 6 that you can use if you felt cramped it there. You can tell the difference by the double buckles on the restraint bar.

Here is a video I shot opening day with the information i supplied above in it and pics of the test seats outside a couple rides, plus I have more videos on that same page with other SDC videos. Check em out if you wish. Link.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB7Dp75aQcg
We love Universal, Disney, Six Flags, and especially Silver Dollar City. Theme Park junkies!

heapshake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 11:07:55 AM »
My wife and I were able to go back yesterday without the kids and I was able to ride Outlaw Run, Powderkeg and the Barn Swing without any problems.  I was able to ride Wildfire again (I was in the 2cnd row) and since the lines were short I thought I'd go back and try the front row but they couldn't get me latched in.  The fellow said he could get me in a double buckle seat on the next ride, but I decided to just move on.  I guess next time I'll look for the double buckle seats.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 12:44:55 PM »
Had to get off OR because I have a 46" waist and the seat belt was 6" too short. Rode PK but had to really push down on the restraint to get it to latch. FITH and TNT were not too hard to sit in. Probably would had trouble with TGS and WF.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 12:15:11 PM »
TGS has the same restraint as PK.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey