Author Topic: Barry Williams (Greg Brady) reality show  (Read 8752 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Barry Williams (Greg Brady) reality show
« on: October 02, 2014, 02:33:42 PM »
Looks like reality shows centered in Branson are the new thing. We recently had Game of Pawns, a short series about a pawn shop downtown, the Haygoods show that was on RFD-TV, and Barry Williams in 1 episode of Celebrity Wife Swap. Coming soon is the Baldknobbers show (separate thread) and now a 6 episode series about Barry Williams (who played Greg Brady on the Brady Bunch) and his 70s variety show.  More details in this article from the Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/reality-series-document-brady-bunch-737613

The program will be on Great American Country sometime in early 2015. Great American Country is on channel 326 on DirecTV.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Barry Williams (Greg Brady) reality show
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 03:09:44 PM »
I had heard about this, but I think when the show is actually aired you will see more than just barry Williams. There was way more than just Williams involved in the recording of this show,

I know there was extensive recording done at grand Country, clay coopers and at least 1 other theatre.

Now that I see that article, with what I (think) I know...  should be fun to watch...,..

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
Is "The Pawn Game" still on?  Did anyone ever see that show? I was only able to see a few episodes myself.  Actually, I thought it was more entertaining that "Pawn Stars".

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 01:58:08 AM »
Here is a news release on the new show " A Barry Branson"...

""""‘A VERY BARRY BRANSON’ IN PRODUCTION NOW

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. [For Immediate Release—Oct. 2, 2014] American TV icon Barry Williams is trading Brady for Branson in Great American Country’s new original series A Very Barry Branson. Best known as eldest brother Greg Brady on perennial TV favorite The Brady Bunch, Williams is leaving behind the lights of Hollywood and heading to America’s heartland –Branson, Missouri – to launch his very own ‘70s-era musical variety show.

In production now, A Very Barry Branson will premiere on Great American Country in early 2015.

In six half-hour episodes, A Very Barry Branson follows Williams as he works to create and promote his stage show, gets to know the locals, and attempts to make Branson his home. Along the way he’ll take cues from fellow Branson entertainers including the ever-popular family band The Haygoods  ; host former TV co-stars; and do just about anything he can to drum up an audience.

“Branson represents everything I love about America, including the Ozarks, the people, the beautiful lakes,” said Barry. “Performing my ‘70s Music Celebration show here is icing on the cake.”

“Barry Williams is more than a familiar face. He’s TV royalty,” said Steven Lerner, senior vice president of programming and development for Great American Country, HGTV and DIY
 Network. “For me and generations of classic TV fans Barry represents a time in America when families gathered to watch TV together. In A Very Barry Branson, we’ll capture that same light-hearted, fun-loving tone.”

A Very Barry Branson is the latest addition to Great American Country’s original programming slate, which includes Off the Map With Shannen & Holly starring Shannen Doherty and Holly
 Marie Combs, also set to premiere in 2015. For more about Great American Country, visit

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:24:57 AM »
Huh. I know the Haygoods recorded "Ring of Fire" for the show. Makes sense since Pat Haygood's wife is in William's show and at one time Pat and his wife were helping with production (no idea if they still are, I don't keep up on Branson shows much anymore). Also know that Maureen McCormick was in Branson for a taping of Barry's show for this. So I'm guessing it's going to feature Barry visiting various theaters, talking to the performers/former costars, maybe feature the other show performing one or two songs, then show Barry takes the advice and incorporates it into his own show.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »
Is he really a musician?  Can he sing or does he play an instrument?  Nothing against him, and I'm not too interested in Branson shows, but does he have the talent to carry a show?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 02:41:15 PM »
I have been to his show a couple of times..  have to say, I am not impressed with his singing at all, play limited guitar, and he is not a real strong comedian...  He does however have a very talented supporting staff of singers and dancers, which is what carries the show.  He means well, but isn't a real strong entertainer..  I do however like his '70's choice of music

I do know last year Pat Haygood helped produce his show at the RFD,. I don't know if Pat is doing that this year or not.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 11:34:17 AM »
This info released this week...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Po8hj91dY

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »
Baldknobbers on reality TV, now Greg Brady on reality TV. I can see the Branson promotion headlines now.

Branson, MO  Reality TV capital of the world.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 04:32:54 PM »
I'm OK with Barry in Branson. I'm part of the generation that grew up watching him on TV. So many child stars have trouble growing up, but all his costars and him came out fine. I know Barry has made many guest shots over the years and has done well with dinner theater. I wish him well.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »
Runner,

I think if you watch the 2 shows, you will find out that they are produced/directed in 2 completely different formats/styles...

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 07:54:38 AM »
Runner,

I think if you watch the 2 shows, you will find out that they are produced/directed in 2 completely different formats/styles...

I have said on here before that Tru Tv, which is what the Baldknobbers show is on is the Wal Mart of TV. Not sure about Barry's station since I have never viewed any of their programming. I really have no interest in either of these programs so I doubt that I will watch either. Not even sure what GAC is. My music interest is not even close to what these shows and Branson as a whole offers.  My comment was a pun about how Branson could use this to market itself not a slam on either one.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »
GAC stands for Great American Country.

I have to admit, I'm actually quite interested in Barry's show! Looks like more of a documentary type show than a reality show like Branson Famous, which to me just looks TERRIBLE.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 03:07:07 PM »
runner, no harm no foul...

I for one will watch the GAC show with Williams in it.. 

GAC is a quality TV station and I would expect the show to follow suit..

Everything I am hearing from the people involved is it will be a first class, fun production.....  guess we will see