Author Topic: Herschend sells Grand Village  (Read 5225 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Herschend sells Grand Village
« on: May 13, 2015, 07:11:11 PM »
According to this article in Branson Tri-Lakes, Herschend just sold Grand Village to a private investor group. The group also bought 10 adjacent acres.  More details:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_8378bed6-f8df-11e4-84e3-87b919a6ad35.html

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Herschend sells Grand Village
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
For some reason, I thought that the Herschends divested themselves of the Grand Village years ago. It is a must-visit for my wife, but I can take it or leave it. It used to be a great place, but it seems to me like it has been neglected over the years. That being said, it has a lot of potential.

In my opinion, Peter Engler's Woodcarving Shop is the finest store in Branson. It's unique, and the items are quality, Ozark-made items. Branson needs more of these places.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
For some reason, I thought that the Herschends divested themselves of the Grand Village years ago. It is a must-visit for my wife, but I can take it or leave it. It used to be a great place, but it seems to me like it has been neglected over the years. That being said, it has a lot of potential.

In my opinion, Peter Engler's Woodcarving Shop is the finest store in Branson. It's unique, and the items are quality, Ozark-made items. Branson needs more of these places.

A few of us on the 1branson board also thought that Herschend had sold Grand Village years ago.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 04:15:43 PM »
A few years ago, I needed to get hold of one of the Christmas stores at Grand Village. I  had a hard time finding the phone number and finally called SDC to get it through them.  I was told they know longer owned that store, but they did give me the phone number.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 04:48:34 PM »
The wording in this article is poor; it never says the property was sold by HFE to the new group - just that HFE was the original developer/owner.  What some infer may or may not be true.  I was under the belief that GV sold a long time ago, as well.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 05:11:52 PM »
Their offices are still located & used upstairs on the entire west side. I was told today it was recently sold. Now the Palace was unloaded prior to CC opening, that was a land swap deal.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 02:45:53 PM »
At the bottom of the article there is a note that the article was edited on Thursday, the 14th. When I first read the article on Tuesday, I was definitely under the impression that Herschend made the sale. If another company owned it, why wasn't that owner mentioned in the article? And why would BTL quote Brad Thomas?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 10:33:28 AM »
At the bottom of the article there is a note that the article was edited on Thursday, the 14th. When I first read the article on Tuesday, I was definitely under the impression that Herschend made the sale. If another company owned it, why wasn't that owner mentioned in the article? And why would BTL quote Brad Thomas?
I second that emotion.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 01:01:41 PM »
It's been edited, but it still sounds like Herschend made the sale. I don't see a mention of any other owner?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 08:22:24 PM »
It's been edited, but it still sounds like Herschend made the sale. I don't see a mention of any other owner?

New article/update from Branson Tri-Lakes that mentions a different owner than Herschend -- owner was Green Courte Partners.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_31e39db4-fb34-11e4-be02-9b122a253525.html

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »
Thank you.  That first article was definitely deceptive.  I think someone just wanted to drop the Herschend name to get more distance from the article.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 06:17:52 PM »
Thank you.  That first article was definitely deceptive.  I think someone just wanted to drop the Herschend name to get more distance from the article.

AND look how well it worked!?!?...
`

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 06:30:58 PM »
Yup.