Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180271 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2015, 12:37:02 AM »
I meant they would never lie to me.

Swoosh, youre not answering my questions from my last posts.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:38:24 AM by Laroy »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2015, 01:01:31 PM »
^^ Swoosh will only answer questions he can answer without giving away the parks plans.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2015, 04:20:55 PM »
If I see anymore potshots between people on these threads and some of you will be taking a break. If you're annoyed by something someone says, be an adult and ignore it. Last warning.

Also, FYI: I finally remembered to write out the rule about not posting confidential information: http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=3.msg3#msg3 

Not that it matters, because no one on this board has any insider info, even if they think they do.

If you see any of this clearing or construction flags though, post some photos. I keep hearing about them, but half the time they turn out to not exist or are left over from some utilities project.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2015, 08:28:26 PM »
Where are the flags? What do they look like?

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2015, 07:50:15 PM »
Where are the flags? What do they look like?

I don't know where they are, but they usually look like this but vary in color for utilities.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2015, 08:27:16 PM »
I found the flags!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2015, 09:53:16 AM »
I meant where are the construction flags that people are seeing in SDC. What color are they? I know theyre the same as those flags but what color are the ones in SDC?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2015, 05:38:55 PM »
I meant where are the construction flags that people are seeing in SDC. What color are they? I know theyre the same as those flags but what color are the ones in SDC?

I'm kind of surprised I didn't see them, also. I was looking through some of the fences and riding everything and never saw anything other then the construction equipment between FL and GE that has already been mentioned.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »
I'm not sure Shave is saying there are any flags out- just post if you do see some of them.  Could always mean an area they're getting ready to clear to begin construction  :)
I'm Your Huckleberry

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »
such excitement brewing...
Colorado SDC Fan

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2015, 06:34:47 PM »
I'm not sure Shave is saying there are any flags out- just post if you do see some of them.  Could always mean an area they're getting ready to clear to begin construction  :)

Well there are already some markers and there has been some clearing (but not the type you are thinking of).  2017 is looking to be the year now.

Swoosh has said that there has been some markers and clearing, but apparently not for what we are thinking of.......

Maybe with the good attendance so far and the new CEO, 2016 can be the year!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »
^ Gotcha- I forgot about Swoosh posting that.  I wonder where they are?  My guess would be near the Waterboggan tower but I've been wrong before!   :D
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2015, 08:14:48 PM »
Just keep an eye on the main expansion points. It's very possible some dirt could be moving by the summer if something is in store for next season. The waterboggin site seems like it would be a likely candidate to be developed next, but a lot of the past surveys have talked about adding onto GE. They could theoretically do something on the other side near the waterfall as well, but for some reason I don't think that's as likely at the moment.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »
Waterboggan Tower and Lake Silver are the 2 most possible places. AP is the 1 ride that will definately be coming down in the next 5 years.

Even if there is a space that is about to be cleared, I want to know about it ASAP.

I do hope that 2016 is the year.

This is the only place that I have heard that they might add onto GE. I never expected that.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:49:26 PM by Laroy »

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2015, 10:45:22 PM »
Waterboggan Tower and Lake Silver are the 2 most possible places. AP is the 1 ride that will definately be coming down in the next 5 years.

Even if there is a space that is about to be cleared, I want to know about it ASAP.

I do hope that 2016 is the year.

This is the only place that I have heard that they might add onto GE. I never expected that.

In my opinion, it would be a shame to take down the American Plunge.  They simply need to re-do it and just add to it.  It's still a great idea.  It still draws great lines and attractions.  The park has to have a flume, and there is no better theme that fits SDC than the American Plunge.  It's a great idea and story...all these teams going out to "win", and falling short in interesting and humorous fashion.  I also love the sign outside with the log rollers, etc.  They just need to add to the float part of it and keep the AP theme and story.  It's a shame what has become of it, but I feel it would be even more of a shame if it were removed.  It can be a win-win for both parties if they keep the theme but simply re-do it.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.