Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180276 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 03:58:30 PM »
^Yeah, we're talking about that one in the Dollywood board (listed under "Other Parks").

SDC and DW seemed to swap big attractions for awhile, especially throughout the 2000's, but now DW has been set apart for it's own course. HFEC has decided it will be the flagship property and will invest a staggering $300 million into it within a decade (with a large chunk of that going into a resort).

So that does seem to limit what they're going to do at SDC for a little while. I mean, obviously we're still getting some fairly decent investments at the moment, but we're definitely not on the same growth trajectory anymore. I don't know if they'll build two large coasters in the same year... I don't think they've ever done that, but then again they're building Fireman's Landing at the same time as the massive DW resort, so who knows.

I wouldn't hold my breath though. If the numbers from this year are really good, then we can start expecting something good, but if they're so-so then I think we'll probably be stuck in the usual trajectory, ie: a decent sized investment every other year. Since SDC isn't the focus of the chain anymore, attendance numbers will have to speak for themselves.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 07:12:54 AM »
Worthless satire site.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 07:41:51 AM »
That,. and the "article" is almost 2 years old.... :-\

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »
Sorry about that last post guys. :-[ I didn't think to look at the date. I didn't even see it.
Now lets get back on topic. Fireman's Landing is opening in less than a week and nobody is more excited than me! This is the biggest upgrade in history, I think, especially because of the Accelerator, which the park desperately needed. With that being said, I think whatever ride is coming next, will be even bigger and better of an upgrade. It might break the record for best park upgrade. I feel it in my gut and I want to know if anybody knows what it might be? Is it coming in 2016 or 2017? I always get excited when i see construction going on. Has anybody heard anything about the next ride or rides? Please, do tell!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 04:59:00 PM »
I wouldn't get too excited about 2016 until we start seeing clues or hearing rumors.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 06:34:01 PM »
I still think the underground railroad ride is politically incorrect and da*n funny.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 08:14:15 PM »
Nothing's changed from the indications already discussed in this thread. DW is definitely getting a big investment in 2016, and SDC needs to see how Fireman's Landing turns out.

I was thinking they could do a midtown renovation though. It could be a good year to get rid of the treehouse.

What would really be nice is if they would renovate GE based on some of our commentary. Simply adding more area theming, putting a glass "expo hall" pavilion over the center area, and swapping out the games for themed shopping and novelties. Right now it's very quickly becoming a place to stash all the stuff that doesn't fit in the "real park", like that tacky hammer game. I fear an expansion to GE is on the way by 2020, and it'll just make it worse unless they take hold of the area and decide to make it feel like it's actually part of SDC.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 09:32:18 PM »
Yeah, I don't see much coming for 2016 other than something small  or work to existing rides. I think 2017 will be something major. While Fireman's Landing is nice, it's mainly a redo/retheming using mostly refurbed rides. I've resigned myself into expecting another lackadaisical effort for Whitewater.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 09:35:24 PM »
I guess we'll see. ;)
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 05:43:58 PM »
^
Are you "winking" for SDC, White Water or both?  :)
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 07:47:24 PM »
That sounds like potentially exciting news!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 08:38:05 PM »
I guess we'll see. ;)

Great, now we have something else to think about.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2015, 07:35:26 PM »
A lot of parks are getting a ride like the Brain Drain ride this year. Elitch Gardens, Frontier City, and Darien Lake. Maybe more parks too. Here is Brain Drain:

NEW Brain Drain at Frontier City: https://youtu.be/sQqbUzzfKhI

I think SDC should either get this ride or the Boomerang coaster that a lot of parks have. Either one would be a BIG addition and they both take little space.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:38:38 PM by Laroy »