Author Topic: powder keg gets stuck  (Read 2716 times)

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
powder keg gets stuck
« on: June 21, 2014, 01:10:21 PM »
Apparently yesterday powderkeg got stuck on the lift hill for 45min.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: powder keg gets stuck
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »
Basically a non-story. It's certainly an inconvenience to guests to be stuck for 45 mins, but there was no danger here and this type of thing happens all the time at parks across the globe. It's just safety measures kicking in, and of course they had to be checked out appropriately before getting things underway again. The news media always reports it like some major calamity. While some incidents are worth reporting, a lot of times it's just scaremongering. I actually avoided pointing it out since I don't think it needs attention from the GP.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:31:15 PM by shavethewhales »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »
The media seems to be getting worse about making headline stories out of nothing on a variety of different topics. It's almost as if they have nothing else to report on. I do get tired of the drama the media drums up now a days...seems like they blow a lot of thing way out of proportion! MSN is getting really bad about this.
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 09:22:57 PM »
Meh.  Even the best rollercoasters have down time.  Especially as the summer heats up.  High temps and high humidity can play havoc with complicated machinery.  Doesn't make them any less safe though.
SWOOSH