Author Topic: Disneyland  (Read 7486 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Disneyland
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:54:59 PM »
I was reading on MSN the other day and found an article about Disneyland increasing prices. Not only are ticket prices increasing it looks as though the price of parking is increasing. In reading comments on the comments thread, sounds like more and more people are becoming disgruntled with Disneyland and Disneyworld, many of which have threatened to stop going to the park (sure this goes on all the time with all parks). Wonder what this might do to the smaller amusement/theme parks around the country like SDC in terms of attendance? Interesting...
Colorado SDC Fan

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Disneyland
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:48:58 PM »
I priced a trip to WDW this summer and it was just crazy what it cost.
They are really getting up there.  $100 per day plus parking is just over the top.
On top of this they are showing preferential treatment to the guests at the WDW resorts and this drives me further away.  I am a frequent WDW traveler, I would say I have been there 10 times in the past 17 years always staying in a WDW hotel.  The increases in price and declining by degrees as they call it is taking away the magic that it once held for me.
Its so cost prohibitive I feel guilty about even thinking about booing a trip.  When I checked last it was over $3000 to go for 5 days including park tickets and a moderately priced hotel for 2. ( this did include transport as well) but regardless this is out of reach for a returning guest.  I think this will help out the smaller parks. 

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:14:15 PM »
Actually a recent article I read said Disney is seeing so much increase in crowds that they can justify the ticket price increase. They are also talking about adding a 3rd park in California on 78 unused acres to relive some of the pressure. Apparently the Cars land in California and the new rebuilt Fantasyland in Florida has increased attendance. As for a one day ticket, I have no idea why anyone would do that. The 4 and 5 or longer options bring down the daily price by a lot. The only thing that I do not like is the new fastpass system. But at least they are still not charging for it like other parks.One thing about Disney. I have never felt cheated when I left one of their parks. Quality all the the way.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 10:21:25 PM »
I priced a trip to WDW this summer and it was just crazy what it cost.
They are really getting up there.  $100 per day plus parking is just over the top.
On top of this they are showing preferential treatment to the guests at the WDW resorts and this drives me further away.  I am a frequent WDW traveler, I would say I have been there 10 times in the past 17 years always staying in a WDW hotel.  The increases in price and declining by degrees as they call it is taking away the magic that it once held for me.
Its so cost prohibitive I feel guilty about even thinking about booing a trip.  When I checked last it was over $3000 to go for 5 days including park tickets and a moderately priced hotel for 2. ( this did include transport as well) but regardless this is out of reach for a returning guest.  I think this will help out the smaller parks. 

Way more visits than I'd ever go. Now that DW isn't under construction, we were planning a trip this fall but decided to push it back to early spring for a week at the DW resorts. My Mom pushed for a Smoky Mt. Fall trip with my family and my Brother's family  together. Something about 12 years with no vacation together quilt trip. Wife wants a room at Animal Lodge that overlooks the Savannah. That's some change. Park Hoppers with the new Magic My Way with up to three ride reserve times a park a day set way out. You bet! We'll take a break about half way through and hit Kennedy Space Center and Fun Spot/International Drive

I'm going to somehow get to LEGOLAND. There's enough of  Cypress Gardens  left so I want to go there again and take my kids. My Aunt still has my Dad's offer letter from Cypress Gardens to ski for them that he turned down cause he was marring my Mom that summer. We'll go on a Sun nite to Fri. morning timed trip

After that, we are planning a Universal/SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Trip. My Aunt still has my Dad's offer letter from Cypress Gardens to ski for them that he turned down cause he married my Mom that summer. Got to do a show and tell on that. Then I'm done with Orlando till I have grandkids. I want to do the Epcot Food and wine thing with just my wife. I'll pay as much in advance as possible. The continued  rising cost of football season tickets is about to get me to drop out so that will be some extra Disney change.

That said, has anyone used Dave's Vacations to get Disney Timeshares on a discount?

My wife has no desire to to LA and do Disneyland and California Adventure and I do. It may be a here Mom you have a long weekend alone while Dad takes us away for a few days type deal, then I'll sneak Knott's and Six Flags MM in on the down low purely for the coaster.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »
Actually a recent article I read said Disney is seeing so much increase in crowds that they can justify the ticket price increase. They are also talking about adding a 3rd park in California on 78 unused acres to relive some of the pressure. Apparently the Cars land in California and the new rebuilt Fantasyland in Florida has increased attendance. As for a one day ticket, I have no idea why anyone would do that. The 4 and 5 or longer options bring down the daily price by a lot. The only thing that I do not like is the new fastpass system. But at least they are still not charging for it like other parks.One thing about Disney. I have never felt cheated when I left one of their parks. Quality all the the way.

Star Wars, it's enough to be a park into itself. Seriously and with the movies coming that can't possibly suck as much as the set. The third one was serviceable till Vader yelled No........... It's like they Chad Vader Youtubed it.

If I win the lottery, I'll do a worldwide Disney tour, DisneySea is supposed to be the best themed one of them all. I want to see it for myself.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 03:04:44 PM »
I've never been to a Disney Park but would like to go someday. Sounds like I'm going to need to save a bunch of money before I do though.
Colorado SDC Fan

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »
went to magic kingdom in wdw in 2005. the whole family agreed that SDC was better.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »
I heard a news story about their recent 24 hour event at Disneyland......that had an attendance over 80,000 guest.

And a normal day at Disneyland saw attendance between 40,000 to 75,000 people per day. Heck on Disney's slow day, that is still twice as many as SDC sees on a great day.

Those are just crazy numbers, I'm really surprised that those parks work as well as they do with that many people through the gates each day.

Jay

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 11:17:29 AM »
I heard a news story about their recent 24 hour event at Disneyland......that had an attendance over 80,000 guest.

And a normal day at Disneyland saw attendance between 40,000 to 75,000 people per day. Heck on Disney's slow day, that is still twice as many as SDC sees on a great day.

Those are just crazy numbers, I'm really surprised that those parks work as well as they do with that many people through the gates each day.

Jay

Disney Manages people moving better than anyone. From Park design to food it is that way from concept and design. One thing HFE could take a lesson from.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »
The thing about Disneyland, if you know how to use the system (fastpass and single rider lines) you never have to wait that long.  It always amuses me that people wait to visit Fantasyland (attractions with the lowest PPH) until midday.  This is when most of the crowd will be in this area.  You go get a Space Mountain FP, ride Star Tours and then go to Fantasyland first thing in the morning.  The dark rides will be walk-ons then.  Get them all done and out of the way, and THEN go ride the other big rides.  Also use the heck out of the single rider lines.  You'll never wait longer than 15 minutes for Splash Mountain (and you won't have to burn a FP).  Roger Rabbit is another one to use Single Rider on.  Over at DCA -- Soarin', Goofy's Flight School, California Screamin', Racers and GRR! all have single rider lines.  I rode GRR! 4 times in the same amount of time it took some guests to get halfway through the normal queue wait.

The only thing that stinks now is that they are enforcing the return time windows on FP.  When they weren't you could really use the system -- and especially when they hadn't fixed the bug on the FP machines that allowed you to get multiple passes at once.
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 01:55:03 PM »
Single rider lines are the way to do Disney and Universal!! It's a myth that you havw to spend all day in line!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 07:13:50 PM »
Can't officially comment, but this is a fun topic!   ;)
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 08:46:12 PM »
I'll be at DL in about 2 weeks. looking forward to hopefully getting to captain the Mark Twain...I will spend all day in line again and again if I have to! ANy tips from anyone that has done that before?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 11:48:40 AM »
Be a young kid or an attractive lady.  That always seems to help.
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 01:08:06 PM »
I'll have my 2 yr old little lady with me! Hopefully that'll help