Author Topic: Black Oak Amphitheatre closes:  (Read 3434 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Black Oak Amphitheatre closes:
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »
Losing another one... ???

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_5c40a68e-2d26-11e3-ad68-001a4bcf887a.html

The Venue is decent enough but they really went cheap on material when renovated, just kinda remote for lodging, drive home after and such.

Interestingly enough, the Mulberry Mountain venue down around Cass along the Pig Trail is specializing in festivals with Wakarusa (think deadheads mixed with electronica) a new country focused three day event and the first event there, the Yonder Mountain Harvest Fest which is coming up this week. The venue seems to be enoying success.

The Amp in Northwest Arkansas is building a new facility and that will get done cause it's attached with the Waltons. While it sits there undone, the venue out toward Siloam isn't completely dead and he hasn't lost it due to debt, wants to redo the plans and add suites.

Tulsa and it's  newer arena getting so many acts is another factor, It found a niche that the OKC arena was underserving by having such limited availability between NBA dates and I think it's minor league hockey team.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:06:22 AM by chittlins »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:05:19 PM »
Passion Play....revived
SOTH...future in doubt
Black Oak...dead

Yikes! Anyone want to buy a theater?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 09:55:11 PM »
Sad to say, but I think we will see more and more things shutting down. I will leave religion and politics out of this, but Im sure you can do your own math and figure out  WHY I believe we are heading for disaster at a high rate of speed.

What we need to remember is the poor people who lose their jobs due to these shutdowns, and will be harder and harder to find employment. I pray for all these folks affected by company shutdowns (both now and future).
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
I told the wife that since she had to go into the hospital instead of going to her surprise trip to see Tim McGraw in late June, they became frustrated and just decided to close the place.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

MartinT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 02:41:13 PM »
Nice venue that with a few improvements could be a total Gem of the Ozarks .

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 12:50:31 AM »
Nice venue that with a few improvements could be a total Gem of the Ozarks .

I'm ever the optimist but it's kinda doubtful too many competing venues now compared to 10 years ago.  They would only be able to put together a couple of shows and I doubt that could sustain it.

New AMP in NWA about to come online in a couple of weeks with Blake Shelton opening it up.