Author Topic: First Trip to SDC  (Read 9992 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: First Trip to SDC
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »
Don't forget Billy Gails right off 265 on the way to SDC....  Great breakfast!  Huge portions....

I have heard lunch aint bad there either ;)

GoBears

• View Profile
    • SFGAm Nation
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »
Thanks guys! Only got on 3 rides today and did the Marvel Cave tour. Didn't have great luck early on. I'll post a few photos when I get back to my desktop computer on Saturday.

Arrived at the park closer to 9 and explored the Hospitality House and some of the shops around the square at the entrance of the city. After the pledge and anthem, my dad and I headed straight for Outlaw Run only to find that it was down because they were removing a train due to problems. They held everyone at the entrance but a guy came down the line that was waiting to ride and assured us that it will be running in 10-15 minutes. After about 45 minutes or so and still not letting people get in the queue line, they said that they fixed whatever problem was with the 2nd train and they were adding it back onto the track. They did some test runs and after about an hour (10:30 or so) they finally opened the ride.

My dad and I got on the second train of the day towards the back of the train. I haven't been on many roller coaster in my lifetime, maybe only about 70, but this was definitely the best I've ever experienced. Even though there was an hour delay, it was definitely worth the wait. I was expecting the element right after the first drop to be the craziest part of the ride, but the first drop and the drop out of the turn that's beneath the lift structure were my favorite parts. The double barrel roll was fun and got some hang time on it.

Despite the unlucky start, things were looking good and I was filled with adrenaline after riding Outlaw Run. Next, I headed to Powder Keg. Got into the station after about 20 minutes of waiting but then it broke down and they told everyone to leave. One of the trains got stuck on the lift and they had to go get everyone off the lift. Two broken down rides to start the day. Next up was Wildfire and I was quite surprised by it. It was smoother than I thought it would be and the inversions didn't make me that dizzy so I enjoyed it.

Went and ate at the restaurant by the entrance with all the wheels inside. By this time the weather was a lot warmer so we checked to see when the next Marvel Cave tour was and headed out to the parking lot to take our coats off. Went back to the Hospitality House and waited for the next Marvel Cave tour. Waited about 30 minutes and then our tour began at 1:20. I really enjoyed it and worked up a good little sweat.

After it got done, I saw that Powder Keg was operating again so we headed back over there. This time we were able to ride it. The launch was pretty intense but it did toss me around a little on some of the turns. My dad doesn't have the best neck so it hurt him a bit. He wasn't feeling too well after but we still went back to Outlaw Run to check the line. As soon as we entered the line, it broke down again. As soon as we left the line, it started running again. We decided not to wait because my dad wasn't feeling great after Powder Keg so we headed back to our resort. Hopefully our trip back to the park tomorrow is better so I can ride Outlaw Run a few more times and try out Fire In the Hole and Thunderation. :)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 08:06:44 PM »
Don't forget the Giant Swing!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

How-doFolks