Author Topic: New Times in the mail today!  (Read 9543 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Times in the mail today!
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 11:26:25 AM »
newsletter is amoney maker for the park...  with the push on SP's, pictures of the park, the additional advertising..

I dont know how many thousands of fliers they send. But they reach people who hav not been to the park for years... or never has been there..

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 05:15:10 PM »
Got mine in the mail today!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 07:13:17 PM »
Ours came too.

Of note:
A couple of concept pictures of the new light parade.
Last year for Pinkerton
Would love to see Carrie Nation look like the poster pictured
Only a couple of shows listed for Star-Spangled Summer - Hope there's more to offer than that
No mention of Christmas ornaments, but I think that's typical, though I don't know why
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 12:37:27 AM »
I think the "TIMES" should continue.  I dont know the exact cost of these things, but it must be cheap cheap.  I just got in a whole big bunch of trouble at work. I made a mistake on 10,000 books for Emerson Fans.  The folks at Emerson Fans has agreed to the "fix" that we offered, but would like the whole job FREE. The whole job was 50,000 books, and our bill to them was $10,159.   So I know a cheap flyer that gets printed on cheap paper, folded, inkjet, mail all inline. Plus getting the cheaper USPS rates for "flats".  Cant cost much

So I say bring on the "times". a few times a year.  Maybe even all 4 seasons.  Bring It.  Keep it comin SDC.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 08:26:10 AM »
Got mine in the mail yesterday. I'm excited for the return of a magic show to the summer festival. I'm also excited about the acts listed for world fest. I skipped sdc for the past two years so looking forward to this year.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 02:09:17 PM »
Got mine Saturday the 11th.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »
I'm excited about Carrie Nation making a comeback at the Saloon, since she was before my time, but I'm uber-sad, too, 'cause I didn't make it to the Saloon last year to see the Mean Murphy show, which I was really excited about because Mean Murphy was at the Saloon around the time I started going to the park as a kid.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
I would love to see Carrie bust up the bar like in the old days but I wont count on it.  I was told they removed all the gags years ago.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 08:53:52 AM »
so no fancy mirror from Saint Looey then?

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »
got my March issue of the "Times" today (Feb 15).  havent even popped the wafer seals yet. Sitting here starring at it though. I cant wait to rip it open.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »
Parents, my brother, & us, all got ours yesterday. :D
Live life like it's the last day!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2014, 12:00:19 PM »
so no fancy mirror from Saint Looey then?
Nope no mirror anymore beck behind the other one.  They have pulled these things out of the saloon.  Just like the painting that covered itself after Carrie called it shameless.  The old strobes and the fight was the fun of the saloon.
Shelves knocked off the wall, the curtain on the stage being pulled part way down........ ect
I was told by a reliable source that the reason Carrie left in the first place was complaints to SDC by patrons that were offended that Carrie was making fun of the televangelists in her comical delivery.  SDC has suffered by trying to please all partys and trying to be too politically correct.  I say lets play a little looser with our comedy and enjoy ourselves.  Bring back Carrie 2.0. with the axes, strobe lights, broken mirrors, knocked down shelves and pulled curtains.  They go together!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 02:29:21 PM »
Agreed.  (Those televangelists of the late 19th century were just asking for it anyway!)
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 07:40:48 PM »
mhguy77, that is the first time I've ever heard that thing about televangelists, but it makes sense. SDC goes with the flow, and if folks don't want to see something...it will be gone. Funny though throughout the '70s nobody lodged complaints, and times outside the park changed, so that is what led to the show at the saloon changing.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"