Author Topic: 2013 Trip Reviews...  (Read 127130 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: 2013 Trip Reviews...
« Reply #420 on: December 31, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »
Finally got the photos edited and online
http://midwestinfoguide.com/migcrew/2013/SDCchristmas/

I think you'll see the tower incorporated into whatever finally goes there like Dollywood keeping some of Adventure Mt. towers for their new family coaster.

;) yathink?
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 31, 2013, 09:51:44 PM »

I think you'll see the tower incorporated into whatever finally goes there like Dollywood keeping some of Adventure Mt. towers for their new family coaster.

;) yathink?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 31, 2013, 10:40:03 PM »
They could do everything you just mentioned Swoosh without concern to me minus the demolishing the cemetery.
I think they could even relocate the berries and Cream and keep it around in the general area.
the Sweepstakes building could be the location of the next fire as far as I am concerned.  I am appalled each time they try to hock that crap to me.
A redo of the opera house waiting Q is a must, including designating a real path to the restrooms instead of jumping a chain each time you have to go.  I guess there is always room for improvement.  I do wish I would see some holes opened up in the pavement with some oaks planted. This could easily be done on the outsides of the walking areas not creating congestion but complementing the aesthetics of the park with the feeling of the " woods" we are loosing. They are being removed and they play such an important role as far as shade and the intimate canopy the leaves provide.  I think the perfect example would be the G.E, its like a slice of Six Flags with its pavement beating sun and heat.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 31, 2013, 11:11:40 PM »
Well Swooshs ideas sound pretty good. Although, they could improve that area even without all that. It could be "a start anyway" to just move those carts, move the benches around the saloon, have the people waiting for the saloon to be limited to the existing que lines ONLY. If you dont fit in the que line. Then wait over by the cemetery, "or somewhere".
-----Basically, relocating all those carts around the saloon would help abundantly. Worst case. They could cut in to the Lumbercamp seating area, and make the path a bit wider in that area, along with the removal of those carts.

Now then-Opera House and PK que lines.  Most definitely we need to improve on each of those lines.  Also - now that the FITH line is basically outside (and may I say-adding to the congestion in that area). Maybe we should "RETHINK" that too.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 01, 2014, 09:07:03 AM »
They could do everything you just mentioned Swoosh without concern to me minus the demolishing the cemetery.
I think they could even relocate the berries and Cream and keep it around in the general area.
the Sweepstakes building could be the location of the next fire as far as I am concerned.  I am appalled each time they try to hock that crap to me.
A redo of the opera house waiting Q is a must, including designating a real path to the restrooms instead of jumping a chain each time you have to go.  I guess there is always room for improvement.  I do wish I would see some holes opened up in the pavement with some oaks planted. This could easily be done on the outsides of the walking areas not creating congestion but complementing the aesthetics of the park with the feeling of the " woods" we are loosing. They are being removed and they play such an important role as far as shade and the intimate canopy the leaves provide.  I think the perfect example would be the G.E, its like a slice of Six Flags with its pavement beating sun and heat.

They went with maples in the GE. They grow faster, leaf out earlier and provide better fall color. They are really going to start shading better here real soon as they grow more columnar as young trees and then start to fill out. I noticed the last trip that they are going to have to prune them some as some limbs are pushing up to the Tea Cup structure.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 01, 2014, 10:32:05 AM »
They are really going to start shading better here real soon as they grow more columnar as young trees and then start to fill out.
I guess I need to go back and check out the growth, it surprises me its taken this long to start to fill out.
I am guessing they are not getting much water because it sure isn't a lack of sunlight.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 01, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »

Excellent pictures as always Swoosh!  Thanks!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #427 on: January 01, 2014, 03:01:43 PM »

Excellent pictures as always Swoosh!  Thanks!

Thanks.  I was afraid my post was going to get lost on the last page. 
SWOOSH

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 20, 2014, 04:40:09 PM »
Appreciate you taking the time to get those pictures up Swoosh. Nice pictures as always  ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2014, 03:24:00 AM »
Another good set of pics swoosh,  Never get tired of OTC lights.... ;D