Author Topic: Entertainment around the park  (Read 7404 times)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Entertainment around the park
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 11:11:37 PM »
Well, if the money was there, I'd seriously consider it. But I'd like a guarantee from the PTB that I could do EXACTLY the same stuff I did over 30 years ago...and throw in some new stuff. As for the street entertainment, we could probably do a pretty good job. It would beat what happens there now, but the current troupe members are not to blame...their hands are tied, they are doing what they are told like good kiddies (employees) should. They do well with what it is they are allowed to do. Ah, but it could be sooooo much more! ;)

I wish it would happen.
I have lots of memories of more interaction too, and heck that was 15 years ago.  I'm sure it was even more when Junior was drivin the divin' bell.
Perhaps the reason it seems less is because I'm not a kid, and the street folk do these things more with kids?  I hope that's true.  I still remember many stories, one time a street character stalking my family around town to "gawk" at my sisters and make hilarious proposals to my father for their hand in marriage.  It was good fun, and wasn't inappropriate at all for those wondering.  We had a ball.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 05:39:17 AM »
I remember the marriage proposal thing, too. I did that in '79 while still working in the restaurants. I was pulling a late afternoon/early evening gig at the Mill when this fabulous looking gal came in with her family, and I served them. I came to the table from time to time to propose to her and to get dad's approval. At the end of the meal, he said, "yeah, take her." So I picked her up in my arms, we walked to the exit, and there was a downpour of rain. I put on a sad face and took her back to her table. Dad asked why I brought her back. I said that it was rainin' cats and dogs out there, and everybody knows girls are sugar and spice, and everything nice. I told him sadly that she'd melt in the rain before I could carry her over to the Wilderness Church. I sadly walked away. The family, and everyone around who heard me, howled with laughter.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 11:56:12 PM »
Junior, that would have been a hoot for sure
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream