Author Topic: Shepherd of the Hills play will be back this year!!.  (Read 5039 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Shepherd of the Hills play will be back this year!!.
« on: April 04, 2014, 03:08:24 PM »
Just saw this on FB!!  Fantastic!..

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Shepherd of the Hills play will be back this year!!.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 03:15:32 PM »
This is GREAT news and I hated to see this one go.  Much like SDC, the SOTH is a big part of my childhood.  I honestly cannot tell you how many times I have read the book or attended the show.  I even attended the "last" show on Oct 19th.

Again, this is GREAT news.  However, I do wonder just how and where the funding magically appeared?

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 03:43:41 PM »
Everything is right in the world again!!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
This is GREAT news and I hated to see this one go.  Much like SDC, the SOTH is a big part of my childhood.  I honestly cannot tell you how many times I have read the book or attended the show.  I even attended the "last" show on Oct 19th.

Again, this is GREAT news.  However, I do wonder just how and where the funding magically appeared?

I wonder that same thing!  To make (and keep) a viable production running, some work needs to be done.  I certainly hope they can pull it together, change up the script (but not much!!), spruce up the amphitheater, and do some much needed advertising.  I will definitely go back and see it this Fall, but I want lots of other people to do the same thing.  I wish them all the best!.  SDC and SOH are the true Branson!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
GOOD NEWS! I think I am going to make sure I see the play this year. It will be the first time since, (gulp) 1983!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 06:00:31 PM »
I've always wanted to take the wife but we've never had the opportunity and after October I didn't think I was going to have it so this is awesome news

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 08:34:21 PM »
Here's another link, sent to me on FB by my cousin in NWA.

http://www.explorebranson.com/media/article/573/the-shepherd-of-the-hills-outdoor-theatre-will-return-for-2014-for-a-limited-engagement

I've always considered SDC and SOTH inseparable. They were equally important parts of my childhood trips to Branson.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »
Saw this on FB today as well and was very happy. I will definitely go at least once this year and will hope that lots of others on here do also, as well as telling friends and family. We should make sure they know they made the right decision to reopen.  ;D
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 06:27:43 AM »
with the fri/sat schedule for "most" of the year, theonly 2 times I will be able to see it will be sunday. memorial and labor day weekends... :)....

LOL...  Welll   maybe.......................... ;)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 07:37:39 PM »
On the news last night the staff said the play would run 4 nights a week during the summer and Friday and Saturday nights during September and October.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »
They actually have the schedule and ability to order tickets up on their website now even though it says starting April 7. You just have to dig for it. Looks like it's Monday Wednesday and fri/sat.

https://securebranson.com/ticketing/overview/drama
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 08:14:54 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 09:59:42 PM »
wonderful news.  Doubt I will even make it to Branson this year.

Its great to be working again, but my new job requires 6 days a week till (at least) early Nov. and since our only holidays are Thanksgiving day, & Christmas day. It will be a busy year.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »
I like the idea of them bringing it back on a part time basis. It funnels more people in on those days so they will be busier. Now they just need to make sure the sound system is working good and it should be awesome. Doesn't look like my wife and I are gonna make it this year, but hopefully next year.