Author Topic: The "other" Caboose  (Read 2847 times)

FriscoFan

• View Profile
The "other" Caboose
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »
I'm hopeing someone can answer this question for me.
A couple years back along the track of the Frisco Silver Dollar Line, near Fire in the Hole there used to be a Standard Gauge Missouri Pacific Railroad bay window train caboose. I can't remember if it had its wheels or not. A few years ago I noticed it disapeared. Does anyone know what happened to it. i really hope it wasn't scrapped. It seems like sort of a fitting peice to had at SDC (even though it dated back to the late 60s) as Branson was originally served by the Missouri Pacific, and the Missouri Pacific was the real Frisco's main competitor.

Ship it on the Frisco!!!

Murphy J.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: The "other" Caboose
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 09:32:34 PM »
I thought that was near the print shop up near the tracks pointing tword FITH.  I also thought is was an engine although a smaller one.  Black and red but no idea of the name......

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
Sorry to say this, but I believe that they cut it up into pieces and scrapped it.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

FriscoFan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 12:42:41 AM »
That sucks if they did. It would have made a nice guest house on my farm. Atleast there are two real Missouri Pacific Cabooses, and a real Frisco caboose in the Branson area.

Ship it on the Frisco!!!

Murphy J.

FriscoFan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »
I think I found that caboose again, maybe. I'm not sure, but looking at SDC in Google Maps I can see what looks like the roof of a bay window caboose siting in the middle of the loop of train tracks to the northwest of Outlaw Run.
Ship it on the Frisco!!!

Murphy Jenkins

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 12:58:37 PM »
I'll have to look for that one.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »
If that is the caboose and it s just sitting there rotting away, I wonder why they don't move over to the "wreck" site?? It would fit right in there, now that they added a pass car