2 (5.7%)
Wildfire
6 (17.1%)
PowderKeg
6 (17.1%)
Outlaw Run
13 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Favorite Ride  (Read 8301 times)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Ride
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 09:46:43 AM »
I concur with that Cheese. I enjoy the rides but they are not my reason for going.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 10:02:30 AM »
Count me in as a lover of the classics! If I limit myself to just the choices in the poll, I like them all except for The Giant Swing. That ride has never appealed to me. Just my own preference.  :)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »
I rode the Giant Swing because my daughter likes it.

BobKrause

• View Profile
    • Facebook - Bob Krause
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 08:37:13 AM »
I've got to agree with several of you: I go for the entertainment (and that includes the demonstrating craftsmen) first, with the rides as a secondary attraction to me. If I just wanted roller coasters, I'd go to Six Flags which is a heck of a lot closer to home, but lacks the atmosphere.

HikerDan

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 09:25:11 AM »
I voted for Powder Keg.  Really like the launch followed by all the traditional roller coaster ups and downs and turns.

lindseytoni

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 12:35:12 PM »
I really love Fire in the Hole and Flooded Mine because I've been riding them since I was little.
I realized the last time we went at the beginning of August just how little of the audio in FitH is actually still there and that makes me so sad. It takes so much away from it.

I really love Outlaw run, though. Growing up, I never rode any of the big rides.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 12:55:28 PM »
I noticed that last week the outside audio on FitH was completely off. Maybe just for the Southern Gospel Picnic, At least thats what I'm hoping

sarahdickson

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 08:49:38 PM »
I rode the Giant Swing because my daughter likes it.

my dad made me ride it in july (the day it was raining so bad and 65 degrees) and that was my first and last time. ever. it was horrible. the rain just made it worse, lol, I would scream bloody murder and a few not so nice words going backwards, then going frontwards I squeezed my eyes and mouth shut to keep the rain out. the whole time thinking about the lady from SF getting thrown out (that's also why I coulnt fully enjoy OR)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »
I figure if I die at an amusement park at least I'd go doing something I enjoy. Better than "hey y'all, watch this. "

ThemeParkFan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 11:42:46 PM »
Wildfire and Fire in the Hole are my two favorites.  Wildfire is one of my favorite looping coasters, and I've loved Fire in the Hole from my first ride.  Flooded Mine continues to slowly grow on me over time but I'm not at the point where I *love* it (although I do love the average wait for it!).  Thunderation is underrated.  I would like Outlaw Run and Powder Keg more if I didn't have such terrible luck with breakdowns!

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 03:44:41 AM »
Another vote for FITH from me.

FriscoFan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2013, 02:02:11 PM »
Being a railfan I'd have to say Frisco Silver Dollar Line. The coasters are great as well. I still haven't rode Outlaw Run though.
Ship it on the Frisco!!!

Murphy J.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2013, 07:16:01 PM »
I like to ride any one of the benches down in lumbercamp/saloon area ;)