Author Topic: Vacation to Colorado  (Read 3889 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Vacation to Colorado
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:37:21 PM »
We have been in Vail Colorado with my parents for the last week for the GoPro Mountain Games, it used to called The TEVA Games. I have 1 video made up from the first day, i will try to get another video up soon. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHsxeZME1lA
Live life like it's the last day!

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation to Colorado
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »
Great pix How Do.....my hubs and I used to tent camp in CO . We loved the crisp air in the mountains...camped up there every summer for many years until we discovered  SDC.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »
Thanks cheesehead57, it was a lot of fun. I have not been to Colorado since i was a small child. We used to camp in a small pop-up. Dad has a RV but we all did not want to pay for all that gas money.

Here is the second video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBkOboidGNc
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:41:06 PM by How-doFolks »

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:31:29 PM »
Great pix .....makes me want to camp in the mountains again. we really liked camping in Rocky Mountain National Park. The elk would walk right by our tent every day and the Bighorn ram herd was always passing about 600feet away on their way to the  mud lick in Horseshoe park.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »
Thanks again cheesehead! Here is the final video, some of the pictures are pretty funny close to the end. Thanks for your comments.
We would of done actual moving video, but it can be hard to edit, pictures are much easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwSI8UiD_Mk
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:51:43 PM by How-doFolks »

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 09:05:11 PM »
I hit CO (Breckenridge) about every other summer. great atmosphere, great trails, activities, low cost for a ski town in summer for rentals. I am not a snow sport person, so this is ideal!

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 09:14:59 PM »
Doesn't seem like there was a lot of snow left in the mountains this year.Liked your latest pix.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 05:52:58 AM »
Yeah, i wouldnt mind doing some mountain bike trail riding on some of the trails we found. But, we aint in the greatest physical shape either. :D

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 11:31:35 PM »
It all looked like fun. I would give my left arm to go on a trip with Mom & Dad, or even her Mom & Dad.

What I would really like is take Son & GF on a trip to SDC.  That is at least a possibility some day.

Thanks for the pics. Enjoyed the show, I know you enjoyed the trip.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 06:49:29 PM »
Thanks qwed94, it was very relaxing & fun. Ma & Pa are both 70, so it was very slow paced. I did not mind tho', i just wanna spend as much time with them as i can. My dad & i have our remote control car racing on Wed. nights. But my mom, i try to spend as much time with her as i can.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »
Thanks qwed94, it was very relaxing & fun. Ma & Pa are both 70, so it was very slow paced. I did not mind tho', i just wanna spend as much time with them as i can. My dad & i have our remote control car racing on Wed. nights. But my mom, i try to spend as much time with her as i can.

You betcha. My Mom died in 98. Dad died in 2005. Her Dad died in 2000. Her Mom died in 2012. I do have my stepdad left. (This man raised me from age 12). I cling to him. I see as often as time allows. He is 76 now. I find myself doing lots for him now. I just feel like regardless of what I do to help him now, its just not enough. I can never repay him for all he did for me.
Im usually off work on Fridays. I spend most every Friday with him. We both still camp. He works on small engine stuff for income now. I get the chance to help him with those things alot. (lawnmowers/weedeaters/blowers/ETC).

I still Love doing things with my Son too. We used to have matching 94 Pontiac Trans Ams. We were part of a FBODY car club here in St Louis, Mo. This club is gone now (as is my Trans Am and his is sitting engineless), but we used to go on cruises with this club twice every month. Then we took the cars to Gateway Drags once a month to the Friday nite event. Mine was 14.6 in the 1/4 His was just plain sick. His fastest was a freakishly fast 11.3---about the only time we just have Daddy/Son time now is in January every year for the St Louis Auto Show at the Dome.

Anyway enough about me. This post is about you and the trip to Colo. Again, it sure looked like fun. Im really glad you was able to go and enjoy it.  We had planned to meet up back in March at SDC. Which didnt work out. I sure hope we can meet up at SDC sometime in 13.  Till then, enjoy those parents, and thank Jesus that you still have them to enjoy.  Be careful. Take care. Enjoy life. Remember Jesus. And stay healthy. See you in 13 at SDC (hope-hope).
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream