Author Topic: Star Wars Franchise  (Read 3025 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Star Wars Franchise
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:15:53 AM »
Saw something on AOL that stated Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford ARE in some type of negotiations to reprise their roles in the 7th Star Wars film Disney is gearing up for since buying Lucasfilm. Hamill said it could be him playing Luke Skywalker, in some sort of minor role, like a few scenes where he "passes the torch" to his son, or something to that effect.  Anybody see or hear anything else? I still would like to see the stars from the original three films have full blown roles in new films that would be set after the Endor/Ewok time from the third film.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:04:55 AM by Junior »
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Franchise
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:13:12 AM »
What about Jar Jar. Meesa meece hem.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 11:57:38 AM »
It was on the news this morning, Junior.  It looks like it won't be coming out until 2015.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »
I'm SO excited about these films. It'd be cool to have the original cast in major roles, but at their age, I can see them standing back and "passing the torch." I personally would love to see the next generation from the Expanded Universe books translated to the screen. I grew up reading the teen novels about Han and Leia's twins Jacen and Jaina and their friends.

I'm just so excited that JJ Abrams is doing Star Wars. It's gonna be amazing.

Apparently in addition to this new trilogy, they're also developing three films independently. One will cover Han Solo's backstory, which I'm really excited about. I love the story behind how he and Chewbacca met. I'm kinda rooting for Zac Efron to play young Han Solo; he's actually a really great actor and he's been growing into his looks and could totally pull off a young Han.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:36:30 PM »
Since seeing Mark Hamill at the Oscars a couple of years ago, he is almost not reconizable with all the weight he has gained.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »
Carrie doesn't look like this anymore

She's diagnosed Bi Polar. There's some recent youtube videos of her doing a show on a cruise really out of it.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 07:54:31 PM »
Enjoy the Carrie Fisher photo above...she does not look that way anymore! That's OK, as I'm looking forward to seeing her and Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill in the roles they are to do in the upcoming three new films.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:54 AM »
I was only 10 when the Return of the Jedi came out, so I never quite looked at her like that...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 11:13:14 AM »
"lokked at her like that"??  LOL..... hmmmm?

I was in high school when that movie came out....... Sooooooo.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
She is closer to Jabba The Hut than that know. I figured they would have computer generated them this go around.

Maybe we'll get an Indy reboot or Young Indy movies. I think Indy themed stuff would fit right in at Animal Kingdom too. Afterall, they are doing Avatar for some reason.