Author Topic: Homestay is closed -- where to stay  (Read 10157 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Homestay is closed -- where to stay
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 07:54:49 AM »
May have to give them a try.. i am going down in early feb, was planning on staying at honesuckle, but i think i will make a couple of calls first...

When I stayed at honeysuckle last feb, and the indoor pool was closed, and there was no breakfast.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »
I enjoyed staying at the Tribesman (on Indian Point Rd.) a few years ago.  They also have an indoor pool.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:36 AM »
Called classic motor inn today, talked to Katy.. VERY friendly, gave me a rate of 40.00 plus tax, includeing my AARP discount...

asked her about the "no coffee pot" in the room.... they keep the pots up front and if you would like 1, you take it to the room with you,,,COOL!!!!  gotta have my coffee in the A.M.

And they are serving their full cont. breakfast.... I AM IN!!!!....

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 08:18:05 AM »
Ok, well back home and here is review on Classic Motor Inn..
Rates were very fair for off season, 2 people 40.00.  3 people 45.00, I did like the fact that we had adjoining rooms.

Rooms could stand some updating, But were CLEAN, and very acceptable.

Manager Katy, very friendly and accomadating.. 

I find it humorous, that on the website there are NO pets.... BUT yet katy lives on site and has a small terrier dog and 2 cats...  the dog stays in the office through out the day with her ??? ??? ???..  NO PETS????  LOL..

Breakfast has quite a few options, everything is cold and needs to be tpoasted or microwaved..waffles,frenchtoast biscuits&gravy, english muffins, fruit cocktail, cereal, oatmeal.
Was surprised to see 2 coffee pots in breakfast room... caffiene AND devaf!!,
Also sugar free syrup, nice...

All i all, a good place to use when Paige in unavailable, I made reservations for my next trip..