Author Topic: Resort Fire-Indian Point  (Read 2273 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Resort Fire-Indian Point
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:20:13 AM »
According to KY3:
INDIAN POINT VILLAGE, Mo--A fire at a Branson-area resort is believed to have started on a back deck.  The flames broke out around 10:30 in the business office of the White Wing Resort Sunday night.  The resort is just south of Silver Dollar City.
Firefighters say they faced some challenges trying to get the fire extinguished.  “The fire was difficult because the building's been chopped up and cut up over the years and added on to so there's a lot of hidden roofs and hidden ceilings inside.  So we needed an excessive amount of water to put the fire out.  We attempted to establish a water supply from the lake but ended up running water from hydrants up at Silver Dollar City,” said Mike Creswell, Fire Marshal with the Southern Stone County Fire District.

The building is a total loss, but no other structures were damaged.  There were no reports of injuries.
http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-resort-office-destroyed-after-a-fire-sunday-night-20121022,0,3804468.story

I am quite familiar with this place as I have been staying here since 1982, and was even in their ad brouchure for a couple of years. The Daily's-the present owners- bought the resort in 2001 and rebuilt many of the cabins, except their own-the office structure. The family has been through hell in the past several years, and I know this is not what they needed, but at least all are safe.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Resort Fire-Indian Point
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
Sure hope the Dailys were insured well. Then they can get the new office/home they need and be ready to roll again next season.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Resort Fire-Indian Point
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
Wish we could blame the fire on those pesky Baldknobbers! This must be a terribly difficult time for them, but hopefully a fresh, and new start will spring up from the ashes.