Author Topic: Living in Branson  (Read 9114 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Living in Branson
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 11:41:01 AM »
I'll design some artwork, signs, or advertisements for our new home away from home.  ;D

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 07:29:45 PM »
Wellll count us in! We'll help keep everyone taken care of in the hospitality portion?  ;) I do enjoy living here, it's a simpler way off life. No high stress which is great. Sure it's taken some getting used to from big city (Denver, CO) but we like it & don't plan on leaving. Soon we will be doing some work on the property we have off Table Rock (1.5 acres approx) in the Ridgedale area by Big Cedar Lodge. Just remember when you do move here, jobs are either seasonal or yearly depending on what you're doing......so plan accordingly!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 11:36:49 PM »
I’m not sure about everyone else, but my dream is to retire in Branson, and just live off of my own savings. Okay, that’s pretty tough in this economy, but it’s my dream at least.  ;D

Aunt Mollie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 11:11:19 AM »
I lived there for the better part of my life.  I taught in Kirbyville and just across the border in Omaha, AR.  I lived in Hollister and, later, in Harrison since the housing boom made buying in Branson out of a teacher's price range.  This was shortly after Time or Newsweek did an article about Branson causing the first big homeless problem we had seen.  People got off the bus with guitars strapped to their backs and no job or place to stay.  A homeless tent village sprang up at a campground on the way to Springfield.

I miss living their so much it hurts.  It was the best place to raise a family with plenty to do on days off.  The comp program among tourist-related businesses mad it fjord able to see shows and go to SDC regularly.  So many days off, I'd take my daughters out to the city.  I'd watch hows while the girls rode rides.  We would meet on the upper side porch at the Gas Light theater, have lunch, then play some more.

I may be biased, but the schools were good with smaller class sizes, caring teachers, and strong parental support.

The best part was being able to get out and play, but also being able to go home and live like the strip wasn't even there, too.

The constant challenge was to second guess the traffic and use the best route to get around. 

When you move there, you'll find that more relatives want to come visit you.  :)

I live in Las Vegas now.  The only time I'm on the strip is when relatives come for a visit.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »
I lived in Branson West for about four years.   It was an idyllic life as I am from the Ozarks myself and loved having my first taste at a real job (with SDC) and being away from home for the first time.

Nights were full of fun cruising the strip.  I recall always rolling down my windows driving past the White River downtown and feeling the cool breeze and fog fill my car on hot summer nights....before the Landing was built.

I live in Orlando now and maybe I just cannot tell reality from fantasy, but I've always lived in a "resort" or "vacation" town.  If I have my choice, I'd live in Branson forever....but that was a simpler time as well.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!