Author Topic: How is the Branson rebuild going?  (Read 9523 times)

coalesce99

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: How is the Branson rebuild going?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »
Of course funnin'!  ;)

My 6 year old son is fascinated with tornadoes...

Driving down the strip I said to the fam' "oh look how bad that place (Ripley's) is messed up"

They didn't buy it.

I am interested to see how my favorite go kart track across the street from it is doing. Are they going to rebuild the building that was there?

underdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 11:26:22 AM »
The storm must of been a lot bigger than I thought. Last time I was in Branson it looks like the storm blew in an old cruise liner right next to the main strip.   :o

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »
The storm must of been a lot bigger than I thought. Last time I was in Branson it looks like the storm blew in an old cruise liner right next to the main strip.   :o

Now that's funny!! ;D ;D ;D

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »

BAHAHAHAHA!  I just lost 5 lbs. laughing, and now my tummy hurts! ;D

Now that's funny!! ;D ;D ;D

Cironnu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 12:24:47 PM »
I just watched a YouTube video of damage to the Strip, and saw that the Ozarkland Gift Shop (the big red barn looking place) looked as if it had been destroyed!  I know it was just a "tourist-trap" but it was a place that had a lot of fond memories for me.  Does anyone know what it's status is?  Is it going to be rebuilt?  It's a place I'd hate to lose.  :'(

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
It was pretty much totaled by the looks of it last time I was in Branson.  I heard awhile back that it was going to be torn down, but don't quote me on that.  I don't remember where that info came from.  It is an icon that I'd hate to see disappear solely because its "old Branson".  I haven't been in there in at least 25 years.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 03:15:29 PM »
I stopped in one this past march. I have one outside Jomo down the way. My husband didnt understand why I was DYING to stop. Its good stuff. I might not buy anything but its fun.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
the last time i looked at it, they had cleared away all the demo (lost the complete roof), had everything under tarps,. and looked like they had cleaned out the building....

it "appeared" at that point , new rafters, new plywood, new roof, building would be ready again.. BUT there had to be structural damge..

So i dont know if they were going to reroof it or not.. we will see.. ::) ::)

Cironnu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »
Thanks for the status reports.  I really, really hope they rebuild it.  It just wouldn't be the same for me if I didn't get to browse through the big red barn!!!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »
Ozarkland still has a fence set up around it, and of course still no roof! At the moment, it just appears to be abandoned. No real activity near it at all.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »
Ozark, yes  it has been that way since before memorial day..... ???